EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you JP and mention snow hole, cmon man..by the way Block Island has been getting smoked, will be interesting to see what they got

I'm not complaining… Blizzard conditions from 11am to 7pm… not to shabby for the immediate coast of RI.

I was referring to the phenomena that has developed in the last hour that seems to be happening quite a bit lately… the snows move in from the east - basically dry up at the RI border - most of RI and E CT are virtually snow-free - then back into the heavy snows in W NL County and W Windham County.

I'm guessing it's the wind trajectory that causes this.

I'm not complaining… Blizzard conditions from 11am to 7pm… not to shabby for the immediate coast of RI.

I was referring to the phenomena that has developed in the last hour that seems to be happening quite a bit lately… the snows move in from the east - basically dry up at the RI border - most of RI and E CT are virtually snow-free - then back into the heavy snows in W NL County and W Windham County.

OK Jan 2015

Well it does align pretty nice with the coastal front.

post-44-0-49804900-1453597836_thumb.png

Archived