• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

It was extremely rare. never had one rot over me for that long. never. it's usually more of a south shore or north shore thing than directly in the city but this wind direction and this bizarre storm evolution just happened to be good for it.

Dude I'm sure you're spot on, that's why I posted the measurement after seeing your post... Logan 3" seems questionable, but what else is new.

There was a band 5:30-6:30pm here in Coolidge Corner that was probably 1.5-2" / hr... I parked the car and returned after 30 min there was about 1" fresh covering the entire back window and windshield (that had been warm).

Still agonizing over missing out on the nowcast buildup overnight... and still in awe over the Virginia obs.

post-3106-0-10188600-1453601479_thumb.jp

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, the Monroe reporter is on meth.

CONNECTICUT

...FAIRFIELD COUNTY...

MONROE 21.0 545 PM 1/23 PUBLIC

FAIRFIELD 13.0 545 PM 1/23 TRAINED SPOTTER

TRUMBULL 10.5 630 PM 1/23 PUBLIC

BRIDGEPORT 10.0 700 PM 1/23 CO-OP OBSERVER

WESTON 10.0 515 PM 1/23 TRAINED SPOTTER

WILTON 8.5 545 PM 1/23 PUBLIC

I'm 5 miles from Monroe , we have 10-15" around this area no one has 21" in CT

What are we thinking for BOS area? Seems to have slowed a bit here in Waltham.

Everything is collapsing to the SE now...the best bands should be reorganizing mostly near the Cape and Islands as the mid-level center redevelops further out.

Jan23_918pm_Radar.gif

Didn't you call for a NESIS 5 this winter in your outlook? Or maybe informally? Edit: eyeballing 5 and change here. Steady high ratio fluff coming down too.

I never mentioned a NESIS rating....just classic miller a blizzard, focused on mid atl.

But I've beaten that drum enough.

I'll keep it to that thread.

What are we thinking for BOS area? Seems to have slowed a bit here in Waltham.

It's done. Our key was the convergence along the coastal front. With that gone we have dry air draining down from the north and invading the lower levels as the system pulls away. Still some steady snow before midnight but nothing more than a half inch or inch to come.

Gotta wonder if that RI-hole phenomenon is some sort of subsidence zone down wind from the oe attributed low level lift?

I posted a few pages back, but it's just downwind of the coastal front.

Actually as the coastal front has collapsed SE, the NE MA band started to erode too.

Everything is collapsing to the SE now...the best bands should be reorganizing mostly near the Cape and Islands as the mid-level center redevelops further out.

Jan23_918pm_Radar.gif

The northern edge of the deform has actually looked a touch more stable. It's not sinking south as quickly. Its intensity is starting to wane, however.

There isn't 20 in Greenwich. 14-15-16, fine, but anything more than that is suspect. Despite the storm stores are still open here and there is consistent traffic mixed in with the plows on local roads. I was just out and it wasn't bad at all. This one was not special for Connecticut - juuuust missed out on the goods.

0ae6a40a1152035b6d558b64b9de6f20.jpg

Remy says moar snow soon, please!

Will move my shenanigans back to the model mezzanine! Thanks guys... I'm gonna go ahead and pat myself on my back for not giving up on this storm and plant a love tap on the NAM's booty for blazing its own trail.

One for the history books for sure! My family in York County (South Central PA) has been making me jealous... Upwards of 30 inches reported.

Goodnight all. Hopefully we don't torch and have a miller b setup to look forward to soon.

0ae6a40a1152035b6d558b64b9de6f20.jpg

Remy says moar snow soon, please!

Will move my shenanigans back to the model mezzanine! Thanks guys... I'm gonna go ahead and pat myself on my back for not giving up on this storm and plant a love tap on the NAM's booty for blazing its own trail.

One for the history books for sure! My family in York County (South Central PA) has been making me jealous... Upwards of 30 inches reported.

Goodnight all. Hopefully we don't torch and have a miller b setup to look forward to soon.

nice. perfect snow dog too. 

For those curious about NYC

26.9...FEB 11-12 2006

25.8...DEC 26-27 1947

25.1...JAN 22-23 2016...TOTAL SNOW FORECAST OF 28.1 INCHES

21.0...MAR 12-14 1888

20.9...FEB 25-26 2010

20.2...JAN 7-8 1996

20.0...DEC 26-27 2010

19.8...FEB 16-17 2003

19.0...JAN 26-27 2011

18.1...JAN 22-24 1935 AND MAR 7-8 1941