21.0...MAR 12-14 1888

20.9...FEB 25-26 2010

20.2...JAN 7-8 1996

20.0...DEC 26-27 2010

19.8...FEB 16-17 2003

19.0...JAN 26-27 2011

18.1...JAN 22-24 1935 AND MAR 7-8 1941

7/10 in the last 20 years.

Looks like from what I'm seeing most snow totals were heavily guided by meso banding this particular system did not have a very pervasive hi snow total but definitely had small zones and regions that seriously capitalized and stand out with historic totals

I posted a few pages back, but it's just downwind of the coastal front.

Actually as the coastal front has collapsed SE, the NE MA band started to erode too.

i've seen this Rhode Island snow hole pattern a few times in the last several years. In addition to what you say, I think once you get a certain wind direction with a long fetch you get a standing wave pattern that develops. Rhode Island just seems to be in the subsidence portion of that on a few occasions. Sometimes I've even seen it modeled pretty well.

i've seen this Rhode Island snow hole pattern a few times in the last several years. In addition to what you say, I think once you get a certain wind direction with a long fetch you get a standing wave pattern that develops. Rhode Island just seems to be in the subsidence portion of that on a few occasions. Sometimes I've even seen it modeled pretty well.

Really just a wasteland for weather, unless you live in Foster-Gloucester.

There was that epic one 2 years ago (I think) when Corey almost committed suicide by accordion

I'm pretty pleased, last night at 9:00 I made my forecast for 8 to 14 inches for New Haven, and it looks like I nailed it. Ok, so it was just in a text to some friends and not online, it was still satisfying to have gotten it right, and well before OKX officially upped their amounts to a similar range. Winter weather is not my area of expertise, but I'm learning, mostly thanks to you guys.

Still snowing pretty good here... I can't really do measurements where I live, but I'd suspect HVN will end up close to the middle of my forecast range, maybe about a foot. Nice storm for us, and quite interesting to watch unfold.  

There was that epic one 2 years ago (I think) when Corey almost committed suicide by accordion

yeah, I forget the date but it was pretty epic. The next day you could see on the visible satellite picture that Rhode Island was darker than the surrounding areas because of the lack of snow cover.

yeah, I forget the date but it was pretty epic. The next day you could see on the visible satellite picture that Rhode Island was darker than the surrounding areas because of the lack of snow cover.

March 13 retro, its probably tied to 850 u wind.I have seen it and lived it many times. Its real and its spectacular. WST BID was ground zero today though

Very lucky with banding down here in the 'catskills of SE CT' final total 13.75" still snowing but settling as fast as it is accumulating. Classic reverse gradient storm like 12-19-09, 1-21-12, or 1-21-14. Can't wait to hear what friends in Rockville MD and SE PA got from this storm.

Very stable layer just below 850 mb, so you could definitely induce some sort of standing wave maybe from frictional pile up at the coastal interface?

Archived