joxey
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30.8/28 Heavy Snow - Blowing Snow.

13"

No power now in extreme SE Westerly and S Charlestown No doubt due to the snow which has become wet in the last hour.

Temps slowly creeping up here - snow has become wet and plastered to everything. Temps just to the west have been falling quickly during the same period. Might be a front of some sort setting up.

Going to give my parents a buzz and see if they have it in DC. I still have it in downtown.

If those are depths, 6 hour measurements would have squeezed out another inch or two

Except they aren't 6 hour measurements. The FAA observers are going out every hour they get 1" or more an hour and reporting the new depth. So the 6 hour could actually be less than the overall hourly depth increases.

Except they aren't 6 hour measurements. The FAA observers are going out every hour they get 1" or more an hour and reporting the new depth. So the 6 hour could actually be less than the overall hourly depth increases.

Sure if they are going to add up the depth increases and call that their snowfall. I figured they were just going to record the final depth.

Archived