joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it. Nantasket beach after breakfast this am my friend and I were trying to lean over and get held up in the wind like a tropical storm or hurricane!

See my post above, they LSRed it. It just seemed higher than neighboring obs to me, but not so much higher to think it was bogus. You know?

Unbelievable gradient... Took a ride to Waterbury an hour ago. South side had about 6" OTG, north end had about 3", ten miles north a dusting, another ten miles to my house and not a flake. Unreal, I've been under decent returns since this morning and not even a dusting to show for it.. Congrats south coast and the city, epic for them, epic...could parallel 1888???

Sucks to live in Bunker Hill lol.

If Oceanwx would have taken the time to read the thread and not just go on an old PNS, he would have seen all the 30 inch totals. And I highly doubt they are all lying

Ease up okay. The PNS is from 505 PM.

If a weenie slant sticks a drift on his porch for 30" it doesn't count in my book. I'll accept what OKX puts out there.

Someone will have 30" in their CWA, but as of yet I don't see any official reports.

Oh yeah another one of those Tolland folk to keep you company, from on top of the hill on Anthony Rd. Just moved into town a year and a half ago. Grew up & work in Willington. Just came back from my parents house in East Willington and have to say there's a significant difference in accumulation/intensity in the 6-7 miles or so between here and there.

Nice..welcome to the board. There's now 4 of us on the board.None of us know each other than we found each other on here. Although one of them hasn't posted for awhile.. I'm a couple miles NW of 84 at about 1,000 feet. 

Meanwhile in Florida, ho-hum... Might spark the fireplace tonight.

A neighbor was just packing a wheel barrel with newly cut limbs. Has to be about 10 cords and I don't want these poor people to freeze. They all be dressed in Winter parkas, stocking caps, me t-shirt and shorts still. 

Boot-leg high at midnight. 54F

I'm so jealous...

Just flurries here.

Looked like a blizzard in Salem on the ocean......rt 128 N was slowww.....got off in Reading, still good snow.....then as I neared the Wilmington line, it lightened......then by the time I had gotten home, just a light coating with flurries.

Oh well......more action to come this season.

Archived