12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be one of the few people who uses the actual ecmwf.int website to view the EURO (I have SV, but it is jammed tonight)...

There actually looks like there would be another storm developing on the Day 10 EURO lol

I was just going to post something is brewing come day 10.

Interestingly, I just checked the Euro text output and the column is above freezing after the storm ends. We'll need to reload the pattern to keep things going. I recall PD1 also ended with temps rising above freezing.

0z EPS mean looks nice...a little less progressive than 12Z...a little warm, but it's a mean...clocks the western burbs....probably some killer members in there along with a few suppressed and a few inland....I'm guessing

The profile here looks good...

CY6E42xWwAA_VOX.jpg

0z EPS mean looks nice...a little less progressive than 12Z...a little warm, but it's a mean...clocks the western burbs....probably some killer members in there along with a few suppressed and a few inland....I'm guessing

Thanks Matt i was waiting for that to go to bed. Get some rest it's going to be a long week.

0z EPS mean snowfall for this window is up to 6" at DCA, by far our biggest signal yet.  The track is pretty classic Miller A for us.

Also, the 0z Euro Parallel is a major hit, especially for interior.  It's now more like the GFS in that it tracks a low into TN valley and transfers a coastal that tracks from GA to SC to Hampton Roads (990) and finally bombs sub-990 off the VA coast.  The usual places would flip to non-snow before changing back to snow.  

It gives the cities over a foot of snow but two bullseyes (2' near Winchester and almost 3' for a narrow swath from Garrett County into central PA).   :sled:  :sled:  :weenie:

0Z Para GFS is good for DC - looks like it stays snow for the entire event. And as others have mentioned, the 6z GFS is an improvement from the earlier runs and hits the area pretty good. Temps are close but stays good it looks like. Nothing to be concerned about 5+ days away.

I like that some of the players are on the field in 72/96 hours - so while the storm is still 130+ hours away, the models should start getting a good handle of the set-up over the next day or two.

6z GFS gets the snow in here by 7am Friday (HR 132).

6z GEFS mean snowfall is up to 5" for this storm, though half of the members don't give DC more than 2" of snow.  Looking at the SLP panels, those members are either tracking the low too far north for our latitude before the transfer to the coast, too amped up sending the low inland over VA, or OTS (1 member).  

post-3516-0-46025500-1453034461_thumb.pn

For some people the rules don't apply. I've posted Euro maps from wxbell before and it got taken down but if you are special then you are allowed to post them it seems. I also asked a couple people why it was okay for some people to post them but got no answer lol.

Lol you complain a lot.

But nice 6z Gfs looks pretty. Gonna be a fun day of playoff football, SnowTV (hopefully), and model watching!

Ok, if I'm supposed to trust the Euro, which one do I trust? The one that showed a bomb last night or the one that show a suppressed storm yesterday?

Or do I trust the consistent GFS?

Trust the ensembles. As nj2va said earlier, best eps run of thr year. Pretty tight slp track that basically crushes all of us. Mean snowfall for you is 9". Members look excellent and all other op guidance supports it now. Prepare to plow.

Ok, if I'm supposed to trust the Euro, which one do I trust? The one that showed a bomb last night or the one that show a suppressed storm yesterday?

Or do I trust the consistent GFS?

They both have a pretty significant event at this point lol. There will be shifts upcoming. I am not focusing on the details on any one model at this point. Just too early.

Archived