Newest Member
    joxey
January Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Positives:

ALL the models now show major storms, none of that stupid cut off low or sheared out messes on any of the runs really.

They all show potential of a MECS/HECS and a big time ULL....

Negatives:

The shortwave associated with our storm is out in the Pacific somewhere. Long way to go. 

Positives:

ALL the models now show major storms, none of that stupid cut off low or sheared out messes on any of the runs really.

They all show potential of a MECS/HECS and a big time ULL....

Negatives:

The shortwave associated with our storm is out in the Pacific somewhere. Long way to go. 

Yeah....looonnngggg wweeeeekkk ahead.

WORD OF CAUTION IN WX BELLS SNOW MAPS

they measure  sleet  as snow

for DC  PH  CHO   NYC NJ  BOS  this is not an issue

euro wx   which uses   the  Kuchera evan snow algorithm does not do thiat and as a result it  has only  8"  for RIC  whereas   RIC  on the  wxbell has 15-17" 

WORD OF CAUTION IN WX BELLS SNOW MAPS

they measure  sleet  as snow

for DC  PH  CHO   NYC NJ  BOS  this is not an issue

euro wx   which uses   the  Kuchera evan snow algorithm does not do thiat and as a result it  has only  8"  for RIC  whereas   RIC  on the  wxbell has 15-17" 

I thought they fixed this?

The one thing we all ask for and let me say the Euro is a great run tonight.  Hopefully, we see this hold.  The good thing is that in the big picture here the models are showing a big storm later next week.  Let's hope we see this trend toward a big winter storm as we approach next weekend.

The key will be can we must some ridging over the West Coast, where that big system further and south of Alaska kind of holds, maybe pumps the ridge.  At the same, hoping this system in the East can dig and deepen.  Don't want to see things too progressive. Plus, the critical timing, especially what DT mention in his video tonight. 

Oh yeh, the snowfall maps on the Euro look mighty nice.  Anyway, finally, we are heading in the right direction.  

Anyway, just my quick thoughts here....

The one thing we all ask for and let me say the Euro is a great run.  Hopefully, we see this hold.  The good thing is that in the big picture here the models are showing a big storm.  Given how this season has gone, we know the drill.  Let's hope we see the strong trend toward a big winter storm.  

The key will be can we must some ridging over the West Coast, where that big system further and south of Alaska kind of holds, maybe pumps the ridge.  At the same, hoping this system in the East can dig and deepen.  Don't want to see things too progressive. 

Oh yeh, the snowfall maps on the Euro look might nice.  Anyway, finally, we are heading in the right direction.  

100% agree....I know people are on edge right now, since we've been teased over the last few weeks. However, this is the first time in this time frame where we've seen models trend in the right direction for us. Across the board every model has a huge storm. Ignore the exact track and that is the basic signal; big storm coming....How it will play out? We won't know for a while, but we got something to track officially. 

I thought we can't post Euro maps per the license agreements between EMCWF and WxBell? Not trying to be a downer or anything, but just curious for my understanding.

For some people the rules don't apply. I've posted Euro maps from wxbell before and it got taken down but if you are special then you are allowed to post them it seems. I also asked a couple people why it was okay for some people to post them but got no answer lol.

Archived