amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remain far more interested in the midweek timeframe than afterward. Limited potential, I know, but not nearly as far out in time. I'm about getting production when we have chances. Either way, interesting week likely ahead. Finally.

I agree. Let's take one at a time. Don't want to get to ahead of ourselves.

Just settled into my new home. Tired and still tons of sh*t to unpack. Trying to keep tabs on the models...it's hard to get excited for a 200 hour storm...but in this winter, it's all we got I guess.

That's why you have to go all in for the dusting of doom next Tuesday

Just settled into my new home. Tired and still tons of sh*t to unpack. Trying to keep tabs on the models...it's hard to get excited for a 200 hour storm...but in this winter, it's all we got I guess.

Congrats on your new home! I'm 3 weeks into my new place. It looks like everything is unpacked. But opening the closets is an exercise of reality crushing my blissful denial. Lolz, wine helps!

Just settled into my new home.  Tired and still tons of sh*t to unpack.  Trying to keep tabs on the models...it's hard to get excited for a 200 hour storm...but in this winter, it's all we got I guess.

i would have offered to help move but both my arms are broken

I'm not worried too much about the strength of the southern stream short wave.  But perhaps I should worry about it, as some of the experts have been expressing some serious concern about supression scenario. I believe these waves tend to trend stronger for the most part on the models as we get closer to an event.  The models will have a much better handle on that shortwave strength, placement, and interaction with other imbedded shortwaves by Sunday evening after the Redskins game.  Wish I could just walk away from the models until then, but I have the sickness. 

If you could figure out a way, let me know soonest so I can implement for myself.  ;)

I have a 9:30 am flight to LAX on the 18th; for the return, I land at Dulles at 12:20 am on the 23rd.

Big no fun if I'm gone during this year's back-to-back HECS.

We got you covered. Will post plenty of deck pictures. With all the model chaos though you might time it just right and catch both storms should they materialize.

We got you covered. Will post plenty of deck pictures. With all the model chaos though you might time it just right and catch both storms should they materialize.

I have no doubt that you'll be posting pictures of 6" of powder while DCA snains. ;)

Obviously, I want this area to break the schneid, but not while I'm gone! But if my daughter can enjoy it, then I'm all good.

That said, I've been on the late-January through late-February (and maybe a week or so in March) train from the get-go, so I'm expecting there to be at least a few more chances after I get back. Hopefully we can save a big dog until then...;)

I stopped looking after 84. One fail at a time.

I'm still perplexed why people are looking for a snowstorm over 100+ hours out...to me that's so rare. Now for fun and just model goofing sure but I suspect there is some real angst over those ghost storms...Bristowwx...cough cough

Archived