wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know if the GEFS doesnt support the OP then people will write it off but I think it still could happen. I remember last year the OP would show a run that went against us for snow but initially it would have little GEFS support so people wouldn't believe it. I was still optimistic. The ensembles would still be leaning toward a favorable outcome. But as the days went on the OP would get more and more ensemble support for screwing us and in the end we wouldn't get snow. So maybe this time the GFS will start something where it actually turns in our favor. Oh and sometimes we got screwed like that inside 5 days.

I hope we get a foot plus storm this year. Not only has it been 6 years since that last happened for most here but I want to get to experience what it's like around here when that does happen. I want to feel the excitement or nervousness days before from people on the forum. I wasnt aware of this group until December of 2010 so I missed being apart of the madness from the Winter of 2009-2010. If only I had found or heard about Easternwx/Americanwx a year earlier. I mean being here and reading the forum for all of those small events we had the past 2 years was crazy enough. I want to see Wes really excited! Hopefully this year we get a big one.

I love this place. We went from excitement, to uneasiness, to distress, to tailpipe sucking, to euphoria in 6 days and none of those reactions were inspired by anything happening within 120 hours :lol:

Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic Subforum! Enjoy your stay! :)

I love this place. We went from excitement, to uneasiness, to distress, to tailpipe sucking, to euphoria in 6 days and none of those reactions were inspired by anything happening within 120 hours :lol:

we?  you French?  Some of us in here have stayed medium and just lol at all the irrational emotions displayed

I hope we get a foot plus storm this year. Not only has it been 6 years since that last happened for most here but I want to get to experience what it's like around here when that does happen. I want to feel the excitement or nervousness days before from people on the forum. I wasnt aware of this group until December of 2010 so I missed being apart of the madness from the Winter of 2009-2010. If only I had found or heard about Easternwx/Americanwx a year earlier. I mean being here and reading the forum for all of those small events we had the past 2 years was crazy enough. I want to see Wes really excited! Hopefully this year we get a big one.

Many got a foot plus in Feb 14. Not DC, but many others did.

i lay low, but i definitely get frustrated when we miss out on snow chances, especially when we're due for snow, like in 13/14.  this winter has been easier because i just didn't expect much.  not to say we can't get much the rest of the winter, but to me, that would be a bonus on top of the last 2 winters.  

Anyone notice the ncep page updates incredible slow or freezes completely during the model runs? It has gotten to the point where I just give up sometimes and use a different source.

Figured I'd let people from NWS know....The page updated faster 5 years ago. Needs to be fixed!

That's a new feature. 

I look at it this way. If we somehow finish the season with 10-15"...although that total is low it will have fallen in a shorter period of time and would be above average for that timeframe most likely. You pattern chasers are silly...just enjoy the snow when it happens because basically any given winter it doesn't snow a heck of a lot more than it does.

I look at it this way. If we somehow finish the season with 10-15"...although that total is low it will have fallen in a shorter period of time and would be above average for that timeframe most likely. You pattern chasers are silly...just enjoy the snow when it happens because basically any given winter it doesn't snow a heck of a lot more than it does.

Cool.  Are you going to be OK if it doesn't snow at all?  

I wonder how many here are really secretly wishing it was still 60.  The part of winter that I like are the cold, cloudy, gray days.  Put a little snow on the ground, a little ice on the deck or the vehicle.  Give me some morning fog that freezes on everything.

If all I have are sun and cold, then please take away the cold.  Truthfully, I'd be ok if the sun didn't shine until March 15.  At least that would seem like winter.  Mon, Tues, Wed, and today are the worst that winter can offer IMO.

Archived