• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Cool.  Are you going to be OK if it doesn't snow at all?  

I wonder how many here are really secretly wishing it was still 60.  The part of winter that I like are the cold, cloudy, gray days.  Put a little snow on the ground, a little ice on the deck or the vehicle.  Give me some morning fog that freezes on everything.

If all I have are sun and cold, then please take away the cold.  Truthfully, I'd be ok if the sun didn't shine until March 15.  At least that would seem like winter.  Mon, Tues, Wed, and today are the worst that winter can offer IMO.

Couldn't agree more (although I'd extend that lack of sun shine until October).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. Are you going to be OK if it doesn't snow at all?

I wonder how many here are really secretly wishing it was still 60. The part of winter that I like are the cold, cloudy, gray days. Put a little snow on the ground, a little ice on the deck or the vehicle. Give me some morning fog that freezes on everything.

If all I have are sun and cold, then please take away the cold. Truthfully, I'd be ok if the sun didn't shine until March 15. At least that would seem like winter. Mon, Tues, Wed, and today are the worst that winter can offer IMO.

Of course I won't be happy but I'm not going to be a whining b**ch about it

question...does anyone know where to find old threads from the 09/10 winter?  i know eastern was kept up as an archive last i checked which was a little while ago, but guess not anymore?

If you go back like 4 or 5 pages you will find them infact I will give you a link to help you. 

ETA: Sorry it only goes back this far http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/forum/12-mid-atlantic/page-51?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all can't help you

Our parsley and cardoon finally gave up this week.  Hell of a run.

Seriously!  Our spinach and beets got scorched.  I harvested all the lettuce over the weekend, so that should be good for a while.  Think about that...we were eating fresh salad greens through December and into early January.  That's just foolish.

Overwintered spinach can be amazing in early spring, so I'm looking forward to it re-emerging.  I'm a little concerned about my garlic - some of the shoots were 8-10" tall.  I hope they didn't grow *too* much before getting smacked around.

Archived