joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a conversation at work with one of our mets SallyAnn about the impact of fake social media pages. Pretty much it forces media to talk about the fact that it could snow from models hinting at it but we won't be putting out any numbers until 48 hours within the event most likely. The fake weather pages really do no good whatsoever.

that is only  one side of the story

You have a lot of    TV weather folks who are  NOT  mets  and dont  know how to forecast  a  east coast snowstorm
and   a  few  that  dont even know  WHERE  to find the  ECMWF 

the purpose of issuing   a forecast is to let  people know ahead of time  what   the fook is going to happen

the forecast   for NYC have  out   be out  by  FRIDAY   so its 5 days away 

Just had a conversation at work with one of our mets SallyAnn about the impact of fake social media pages. Pretty much it forces media to talk about the fact that it could snow from models hinting at it but we won't be putting out any numbers until 48 hours within the event most likely. The fake weather pages really do no good whatsoever.

Thanks for clarifying that bluewave.

I am hoping the Euro does better now since it's generally very good when there is a strong STJ interaction.

Sometimes it struggles with a dominant northern branch clipper like we had last January. But it will be

interesting to see what it comes up with at 12Z tomorrow and the next several days as we get under 120 hrs.

I am hoping the Euro does better now since it's generally very good when there is a strong STJ interaction.

Sometimes it struggles with a dominant northern branch clipper like we had last January. But it will be

interesting to see what it comes up with at 12Z tomorrow and the next several days as we get under 120 hrs.

I am really hoping the same thing. We are roughly 5.5 days away from the potential storm so we will definitely be getting into crunch time with the 12z runs tomorrow where we should be around 4-4.5 days away at that point.

Does this remind you guys of anything....lol

And the Dgex is slacking. Only 7 lows this time.

Is it a certain storm which NYC recorded a trace while Winterwarlock couldn't post anything negative because his power lines were covered in 2 feet of snow?

Very big storm for the mid-atlantic per gfs. That's the place to be for this one.

A little early for that, the GFS has a rather compact storm for the H5 evolution of the storm, it'll likely be more expansive. If I could lock in pretty much any model from today for my location (maybe not the Feb 2010 Redux :)) I would do so in a heartbeat.

Archived