• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

New 0z parallel hi res Euro further NW and a touch warmer than the OP as 850's go above freezing

near coast as they start below. The blocking on the parallel to the north is weaker than the OP.

So a system that is too amped up could hug closer to the coast. We'll be interesting to see

what things look like once we get to 120 hr and under.

And to have this end up as rain...

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally some decent looking high pressure showing up across the Canadian boarder. Long way to go, but fun to track nevertheless. Question on the Pac; it seems the isobars in Idaho are ridging just a bit to slow the flow down, will it be enough? Or should I be looking somewhere else?

FHW

till the SW energy is sampled...try this loop for starters 

its a nice rough sketch to work with--IMHO

***previous run arrows at bottom of image loop  <--> give you comps in a flash

loops

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=uv250&runtime=2016011706&fh=6&xpos=0&ypos=0

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs-ens&region=us&pkg=uv250&runtime=2016011706&fh=144&xpos=0&ypos=0

gfs_uv250_us_24.png

I will lean to a faster prog thru our area ATM

The usually progressive NAVGEM is all wrapped up at 6Z. Just posting data, not trying to make assumptions, but seeing the NAVGEM tucked so tightly to the coast when it is generally a progressive model makes me raise an eyebrow. Probably nothing and its not the best model anyway. What I will take from the NAVGEM at this range is that a normally OTS model is on board with a coastal. 

navgem_mslp_pcpn_us_24.png

New 0z  parallel hi res Euro further NW and a touch warmer than the OP as 850's go above freezing

near coast as they start below. The blocking on the parallel to the north is weaker than the OP.

So a system that is too amped up could hug closer to the coast. We'll be interesting to see

what things look like once we get to 120 hr and under.

The PARA looks great .  @ 12z tomorrow you are at Day 5 here . The GFS is a little quicker  0z tonight .  As it is you are really @ D 5 for the M/A / OHV /SE PA and for those guys I think it`s close . 

You think what is close? Not sure I am picking up what you are throwing down  :pimp:

Places like Richmond Fredericksberg Charlottesville DC are only 5 days out . You def want to be inside 120 hours before you pull the trigger but there is enough here to say there is a major winter storm is headed into the M/A . 

You are only a day away from pulling the alarm . It is there , just be cautious in a winter that keeps wanting to start then  pauses 

Places like Richmond Fredericksberg Charlottesville DC are only 5 days out . You def want to be inside 120 hours before you pull the trigger but there is enough here to say there is a major winter storm headed into the M/A . 

You are only a day away from pulling the alarm . It is there , just be cautious in a winter that keeps wanting to start then  pauses 

I am with you and agree 100%. Cautiously optimistic is the way to go for now. Steady as she goes captain!

Would be nice if the closed low actually verifies to help keep the cold in place. Don't want to see the

para shift any more NW since it's closer to coast than the current OP. But a strong storm signal is

there with the rapid rise in the AO which has occurred many times in the past. Not focused yet

on the details with such a fire hose hose jet in place.

Yeah the details (snowfall accumulations etc.) should be left for a few days from now. One step at a time, at least we are moving in the right direction so far. I think the make or break model runs will either be the 12z runs on Wednesday or the 00z runs on Thursday, I think you should be able to pretty much lock in anything they are showing at the point with normal minor fluctuations still possible.

Yeah the details (snowfall accumulations etc.) should be left for a few days from now. One step at a time, at least we are moving in the right direction so far. I think the make or break model runs will either be the 12z runs on Wednesday or the 00z runs on Thursday, I think you should be able to pretty much lock in anything they are showing at the point with normal minor fluctuations still possible.

I guess the main thing that I am happy about now is the new parallel hi res Euro lead the way further north here 

when the OP and ensemble mean were more suppressed the last few days. It also was first to detect the warmer

track this weekend. While we'll need time to iron out the final track and details, this may potentially be the single

most significant model upgrade of the 2000's so far. Can't wait until it goes operational in March and we

see how it does with the coming hurricane season.

And in an ironic twist,Salisbury,Md is getting dumped on currently by a storm that should have been swimming with the fishes lol..truely incredible start to this active week. :popcorn:

Dumped on? My brother that lives just outside of SBY is only reporting flurries, dusting at best right now. Not challenging you, just be careful what terms you are using to describe the snowfall rates. "Dumped on" generally conjures visions of 1/4 mile or less visibilities, significant accums, etc.

Dumped on? My brother that lives just outside of SBY is only reporting flurries, dusting at best right now. Not challenging you, just be careful what terms you are using to describe the snowfall rates. "Dumped on" generally conjures visions of 1/4 mile or less visibilities, significant accums, etc.

To be fair, I saw a webcam of the college football stadium before and it was all covered in an inch of snow and it was coming down heavily. It was posted in the MA subforum.

Archived