• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

i made two bets so far this year have won both. One against forky that we'd get some snow flurries got them... Than another one against longislandsurffreak for snow showers by the 22nd won that too a few days ago. I'm willing to bet that we get a big blizzard coming up! Next weekend

I want some of this action. First define "we" when you say "we get a big blizzard coming up next weekend". And what is your wager?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i made two bets so far this year have won both. One against forky that we'd get some snow flurries got them... Than another one against longislandsurffreak for snow showers by the 22nd won that too a few days ago. I'm willing to bet that we get a big blizzard coming up! Next weekend

We get a big blizzard once every five years if we're lucky and next week aint it

With today's high temperature of 52°, the 3rd 50° or higher reading this month, it continues to appear increasingly likely that January will wind up warmer than normal for the month as a whole in New York City. If the GFS MOS verifies through January 22, NYC would need to average 3.9° below normal for the remainder of the month just to have a normal monthly average temperature. Even if actual temperatures wind up 3° below the MOS estimates for the entire 1/17-22 period, NYC would need to average nearly 2° below normal for the month to finish at normal.

NYCJanuary_Temperatures01162016.jpg

DT posted something earlier regarding the low getting tucked into SBY and lots of rain from PHL to NYC. Not sure if this is how he is feeling this will play out or just regurgitation model output but found that sort of interesting for him to post at this juncture.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

If the storm winds up on the Delmarva, that sounds reasonable. My worry is that it is more likely that the flow is too fast and the trough is too broad. As a result, the storm would wind up passing sufficiently far to our south and east so as to brush the area with its heaviest precipitation remaining offshore or it would miss. Given the timing involved, none of this is high confidence right now. 

If the storm winds up on the Delmarva, that sounds reasonable. My worry is that it is more likely that the flow is too fast and the trough is too broad. As a result, the storm would wind up passing sufficiently far to our south and east so as to brush the area with its heaviest precipitation remaining offshore or it would miss. Given the timing involved, none of this is high confidence right now.

We think pretty much the same at this point.

0z gfs op is stronger with the low pressure South of Alaska this run thru 111 hrs thus pumping the ridge out West. The 'wild card' in all of this for next week. Need to maintain some semblance of a ridge even if minimal. The ots solutions completely obliterate and flatten this feature.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

GGEM is late to transfer . Shows snow to rain to heavy snow for the coast and a lot of snow inland.

how far north does the precip get and where is the low transferring to along the coast ? Got any maps ? because Tidbits is only out to 108 

Archived