joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe this was it. So far it seems at odds with the weekly and monthly data.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=4808

It seems the only claim they make about the nino was that it was growing in physical size, not strength. The only other comment about strength was a hypothesis that the physical size of the nino could indicate it wasnt done strengthening yet (not that it was still strengthening). If thats the basis for his claim of a still strengthening nino....

Keep this in mind, the Pac flow has not changed, at all. Still raging STJ and incredible fast flow this week and next weekend. Nothing has changed. Look at the satellite, congo line of storms across the entire pacific set to slam into the west coast. View the latest GFS and CMC with extreme caution. Nothing pac wise has shifted, same as the last several weeks

Lmao easily worst day of my weather life.... Told my neighbors, family, friends, etc... The world was basically turning to snow and we got 2.1 inches LMAO

I remember when it was like 11 P.M and everyone were commentating "it's over" etc.. especially after seeing how the bands hit a wall in Nassau County. The next day I wake up to 3 inches.. somehow EWR recorded 8 inches. GFS had 8-12" as well, lol.

I believe this was it. So far it seems at odds with the weekly and monthly data.http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=4808

Thank you Don. And while it's not a hard and fast conclusion regarding particular strength, basically they say the total force in temp and area of the El Niño likely hadn't peaked. Any way my reference regarding this was more about the fact that a collapse or steady decline was not likely to happen and offer us second half hope. NASA and Caltech, who in sorry, I will take over us weenies posting, got this correct as even Nino region data has warmed done again and the peak those were calling may not be here. Score one for NASA and my reference. Problem this year is the disgust with the overall weather outcome. Not my fault, just keeping it real.

It seems the only claim they make about the nino was that it was growing in physical size, not strength. The only other comment about strength was a hypothesis that the physical size of the nino could indicate it wasnt done strengthening yet (not that it was still strengthening). If thats the basis for his claim of a still strengthening nino....

I agree with your read. In terms of anomalies, it's slowly weakening.

Thank you Don. And while it's not a hard and fast conclusion regarding particular strength, basically they say the total force in temp and area of the El Niño likely hadn't peaked. Any way my reference regarding this was more about the fact that a collapse or steady decline was not likely to happen and offer us second half hope. NASA and Caltech, who in sorry, I will take over us weenies posting, got this correct as even Nino region data has warmed done again and the peak those were calling may not be here. Score one for NASA and my reference. Problem this year is the disgust with the overall weather outcome. Not my fault, just keeping it real.

No. He didnt say it was strengthening, like you claimed. I posted cpc data proving it, and youre here attempting to call me a weenie. Take a break.

The sample size for super ENSO events is so small, one has to allow for a lot of uncertainty. It will be fascinating to see how things turn out and the lessons that can be learned.

Keep this in mind, the Pac flow has not changed, at all. Still raging STJ and incredible fast flow this week and next weekend. Nothing has changed. Look at the satellite, congo line of storm across the entire pacific set to slam into the west coast. View the latest GFS and CMC with extreme caution. Nothing pac wise has shifted, same as the last several weeks

That's the first thing I've noticed. We have a major storm along the coast and out west the Flow is fast off the pacific. There's not much ridging there if at all.

What their main page , left side column says.

PM

I think you mean the  CPC  forecast  ???

---right -- not the GFS model runs

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/610day/fxus06.html

NOTES:

AUTOMATED FORECASTS ARE ISSUED ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. OCCASIONALLY MANUAL

INTERVENTION IS NECESSARY TO ADDRESS QUALITY CONTROL AND CONSISTENCY ISSUES.

IN THESE CASES, FORECASTS ARE MANUALLY DRAWN BUT A FULL DISCUSSION IS NOT

ISSUED. 

PM

I think you mean the CPC forecast ???

---right -- not the GFS model runs

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/610day/fxus06.html

NOTES:

AUTOMATED FORECASTS ARE ISSUED ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. OCCASIONALLY MANUAL

INTERVENTION IS NECESSARY TO ADDRESS QUALITY CONTROL AND CONSISTENCY ISSUES.

IN THESE CASES, FORECASTS ARE MANUALLY DRAWN BUT A FULL DISCUSSION IS NOT

ISSUED.

Lol the government workers turn the cranks that make the Goofus run M-F, you didn't know that?

Archived