• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

Check out the 6z GFS lately? Came pretty close to a big storm . Shows a bombing low meandering off the Virginia capes before being shunted out to sea. Moderate snows get into southern Jersey.

Check out the 6z GFS lately? Came pretty close to a big storm . Shows a bombing low meandering off the Virginia capes before being shunted out to sea. Moderate snows get into southern Jersey.

how many times has the GFS OP past 84 hours led us down a dead end this winter so far ?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple models have been showing next weekends threat sporadically.

Once we get inside of 108 hours is when we can see if it's a real chance.

All the ingredients are there for now. We just need luck and timing.

Need the flow to slow down ...........typical Nino

Let's see ( Next weekend storm guidance thus far)

GGEM- showed major snowstorm for multiple days. until now, it's OTS

GFS- Showed No storm, then showed a pretty nice hit on Thursdays suites, then showed NO storm, now shows a storm OTS but close

EURO- NO storm whatsoever till last nights 00z yet still OTS

JMA- BIG storm

speaking of models, let's not forget how great the RGEM is suppose to be within 24 hours, and it showed a decent changeover last night for far N+W sections on today's storm, everyone up past Albany was rain...I was told yesterday when I reported the HRRR and RAP were rain that I was wrong, cause they weren't picking up the BL.....I think we're grasping for straws a lot on this forum, and we need a storm

GFS- Showed No storm, then showed a pretty nice hit on Thursdays suites, then showed NO storm, now shows a storm OTS but close

JMA- BIG storm

speaking of models, let's not forget how great the RGEM is suppose to be within 24 hours, and it showed a decent changeover last night for far N+W sections on today's storm, everyone up past Albany was rain...I was told yesterday when I reported the HRRR and RAP were rain that I was wrong, cause they weren't picking up the BL.....I think we're grasping for straws a lot on this forum, and we need a storm

Good post

JMA- BIG storm

Tell you the truth, I don't trust any model this winter. They can't seem to handle the fast progressive nature of this El Nino pattern. It's all about threading the needle. I hate this type of setup but what can you do? There's a potential threat in the LR and that's all you can ask for at this point.

CFS Weeklies looking (W2-5) more and more like December >>> off the scale warmth over millions of square miles.  A snowless, record warm winter  DJF, and you can throw in M too is still very possible.  W/O a SSWE the winter is as dead as the Stock Market and the economy is w/o another QE program. 

CFS Weeklies looking (W2-5) more and more like December >>> off the scale warmth over millions of square miles. A snowless, record warm winter DJF, and you can throw in M too is still very possible. W/O a SSWE the winter is as dead as the Stock Market and the economy is w/o another QE program.

Your making a call of snowless for the next 75 days wow off the weeklies? Some of you people tend to forget that one well timed vort can drop a foot of snow on us even in a bad pattern. Trusting any long range guidance and proclaiming victory right now is hilarious.

Tell you the truth, I don't trust any model this winter. They can't seem to handle the fast progressive nature of this El Nino pattern. It's all about threading the needle. I hate this type of setup but what can you do? There's a potential threat in the LR and that's all you can ask for at this point.

After the 40" night before storm that never happened last year, these models are like a cheating Ex that you keep giving another chance

CFS Weeklies looking (W2-5) more and more like December >>> off the scale warmth over millions of square miles.  A snowless, record warm winter  DJF, and you can throw in M too is still very possible.  W/O a SSWE the winter is as dead as the Stock Market and the economy is w/o another QE program. 

People have taken you to task a lot here and truth be told I don't know much about a lot of the jargon thrown  out here, but overall you have been  right

People have taken you to task a lot here and truth be told I don't know much about a lot of the jargon thrown  out here, but overall you have been  right

He keeps going by the CFS

We need the flow to slow down for a large event.

But with this flow, we could still pull off a 3"-6"/4"-8" Type event.

By the way, 12z nam and Rgem now brush the coast tomorrow with snow.

Nothing up here

Looks like this winter has a chance to be the least snowy in recorded history.

That would be 2.8 in 72-73. One of my analogs.Very hard to get less than that.But I wouldn't be surprised if we had 10 inches or less..Still hope for that Feb 83 Blizzard that could really make this winter.Without that,take what you can get

That would be 2.8 in 72-73. One of my analogs.Very hard to get less than that.But I wouldn't be surprised if we had 10 inches or less..Still hope for that Feb 83 Blizzard that could really make this winter.Without that,take what you can get

One would think 2.8 would be nearly impossible to beat but we've had other winters lower than that with the exception of a storm or two like 95 or 98 so it could happen

One would think 2.8 would be nearly impossible to beat but we've had other winters lower than that with the exception of a storm or two like 95 or 98 so it could happen

All it takes is for one crappy cutoff low in March to give us 2.9 inches and that record will still stand, I wonder what this board would've been like in that winter :)

All it takes is for one crappy cutoff low in March to give us 2.9 inches and that record will still stand, I wonder what this board would've been like in that winter :)

I think it was pretty well forecast. We had no snow chances in all of Jan or Feb and even the March snow was a fluke that wasn't even forecast but I'm sure it would have been a 200 page thread as we tried to save winter

Yea I agree it will be tough to pull off. Sitting at 0.2 here heading into late January. Really just awful. I dont even have a snow shovel at my house.

Archived