• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

The Canadian  is a crush job UKMET  JMA  have a day 7 system . I would like to see 2 things before this is nothing more than banter , have the Euro  see it and  get inside 5 days . 

So although really great to look at at 7 days I am way too gun shy . 

Fast flow is a killer and the models have broken down in just about every event it has shown in Jan .'

The cold did not stick and systems have been too progressive . 

Trust me , I see the errors . The cold did not hold . But I still think we manage to get close to N by the 21st and if it snows no one will care what Jan finishes . N + 2 or + 4 . 

If it snows PB all is forgiven for all of us....

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 7 days away it`s  L/R . The pattern has not supported snow to date and I am not sure if it would support a big storm a week out .

Yes there are several models that have a big storm , however the Euro did not like it at 0z .  You always want this to lead the way . 

The models keep breaking down very good looks as we get closer . 

Maybe as the AO rises and the vortex leaves  it may give us a chance to produce .

But I would not take this seriously until we are at day 4 .  All you need is 1 SW to hit the WC as this is coming east and you flatten the flow and E it goes . 

Right now , it has a chance . We will see. 

Ok question here. Anyone worried it could be too warm for at least part of the storm? GFS has the storm take a bit for the coastal to get going and cool everyone down.

It's too far out to get specific on details such as that.  At this point, be happy that a storm is on the models and hope that the Euro latches onto the threat as well. 

Heartbreaker of Year maker ?

Being a sports fan for nearly 40 years I can tell you this : the worst losing seasons are those where you come incredibly close to wining only to throw 3 interceptions in the 4th quarter. This storm may yet or not to be New York City's New York Jets moment for snow watching

Excuse me? Wanna try again?

I didnt question NASA, i asked for THEIR DATA. You made a claim and refused to back it up, while i posted data refuting the claim. So...like i said. Try again?

NASA did not post their data. They made a general public statement/commentary in an article that they saw signs of the Nino actually showing signs of strength and not peaking yet. I can't post data not publicly available, but it's nasa, I'm going to take them at their word that they have support for this claim more than the data you may be seeing.

NASA did not post their data. They made a general public statement/commentary in an article that they saw signs of the Nino actually showing signs of strength and not peaking yet. I can't post data not publicly available, but it's nasa, I'm going to take them at their word that they have support for this claim more than the data you may be seeing.

Post the article. Here are the official numbers. http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/data/indices/wksst8110.for

Forky do u think this has at least a small chance of verifying?

It absolutely could verify, but so could a myriad of other solutions. The Archambault signal is there, too. But not getting excited until early next week.

Unfortunately, it's not my favorite kind of transition... The heavy snowstorm followed by a warmup. I much prefer the transition to blocking, cold, and additional snow chances.

It absolutely could verify, but so could a myriad of other solutions. The Archambault signal is there, too. But not getting excited until early next week.

Unfortunately, it's not my favorite kind of transition... The heavy snowstorm followed by a warmup. I much prefer the transition to blocking, cold, and additional snow chances.

Many thanks. Maybe the warm up is short duration ie 2 to 3 weeks

Archived