• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

To be fair, I saw a webcam of the college football stadium before and it was all covered in an inch of snow and it was coming down heavily. It was posted in the MA subforum.

Interesting. Must be a tight cutoff and some dry air to the North as they reside near Indian River Inlet (15 miles West) and have just a coating now with "snow showers" as he referred to them. Either way, yes, this was not supposed to clip us so BONUS :-)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumped on? My brother that lives just outside of SBY is only reporting flurries, dusting at best right now. Not challenging you, just be careful what terms you are using to describe the snowfall rates. "Dumped on" generally conjures visions of 1/4 mile or less visibilities, significant accums, etc.

trust me bud,it's snowing hard down there right now.the radar is exploding also.might wanna check for yourself if you may,but my call for a "westward trend" is clearly visible lol..

Dumped on? My brother that lives just outside of SBY is only reporting flurries, dusting at best right now. Not challenging you, just be careful what terms you are using to describe the snowfall rates. "Dumped on" generally conjures visions of 1/4 mile or less visibilities, significant accums, etc.

Latest obs is 32, snow, .5 mile visibility

trust me bud,it's snowing hard down there right now.the radar is exploding also.might wanna check for yourself if you may,but my call for a "westward trend" is clearly visible lol..

I wonder what that radar development means for us up here. Snow is beginning to enter southern NJ now.

The 18z will either drop the storm altogether or it will depict a HECS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can't expect the models to show a HECS every run from here on out. GFS has a tendency to "lose" a storm for a time before bringing it back later. Not saying it lost this storm, but there are many delicate matters at play here. At this point in time look at the ensembles along with the 500mb maps. The reason the 12z run was less robust was that the 500mb low opened up. However if you look at the western ridge it was improved from the 6z run which is a good thing. I'm not making any bold predictions at this point in time, just buckle up and enjoy the ride. Plenty of ups and downs are on the way.

You can't expect the models to show a HECS every run from here on out. GFS has a tendency to "lose" a storm for a time before bringing it back later. Not saying it lost this storm, but there are many delicate matters at play here. At this point in time look at the ensembles along with the 500mb maps. The reason the 12z run was less robust was that the 500mb low opened up. However if you look at the western ridge it was improved from the 6z run which is a good thing. I'm not making any bold predictions at this point in time, just buckle up and enjoy the ride. Plenty of ups and downs are on the way.

I was mostly being snarky. I'm very interested in what happens, but I'm also trying to take a que sera sera attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't sleep on that wave at day 3-4 either, it's been dampening out less and less each run as it crosses the Ohio valley

It was much weaker on the 00z ECMWF, but ideally I would want that lead vort as weak and progressive as possible so we don't have any more issues for this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

It was much weaker on the 00z ECMWF, but ideally I would want that lead vort as weak and progressive as possible so we don't have any more issues for this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Agreed, all we want with that wave is a fropa to reinforce the cold air prior to the storm. Nothing more, nothing less.

Archived