Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SSW is going to happen. Could save February. We'll have to see.

No guarantee at all that it happens for sure. But it absolutely needs to happen in order to save February. Even if it does happen and a split or elongation of the stratospheric polar vortex occurs, that does not guarantee that it benefits our side of the pole, we have seen that before, where it benefits Europe and not us. If a SSW fails, February will definitely be on life support

Have I stepped into  Baseball Forum?? Did I take a wrong turn somewhere?

I came here for GFS, Euro and NAM

Not ERA, WHIP, SLG and CBH

It's a shame there are no websites where people can look at weather models for free, so they don't have to rely on banter threads in hobbyist forums for their information. A darn shame.

It's a shame there are no websites where people can look at weather models for free, so they don't have to rely on banter threads in hobbyist forums for their information. A darn shame.

You'd think they have this site where you can basically put in parameters by which to search, and that site has an up-to-date registry of most websites in existence with various levels of categorization.  And then like, based on your parameters, it would return to you matching websites derived from some proprietary matching algo.  Someone should come up with something like that.

The undercutting out west is pretty impressive on the afternoon Euro Ensemble.  That remains a big part of the equation for early Jan and is being overlooked by many right now.

prescient post... this is what being a meteorologist looks like. too bad you got derided for it

No guarantee at all that it happens for sure. But it absolutely needs to happen in order to save February. Even if it does happen and a split or elongation of the stratospheric polar vortex occurs, that does not guarantee that it benefits our side of the pole, we have seen that before, where it benefits Europe and not us. If a SSW fails, February will definitely be on life support

90% of SSWs effect this side of the pole and not Europe

I miss the steroid era greatly even tho my fav team is contender every year.

Although the cubs might be taking over the division for a while.

Friv, is that you hanging out in the NYC Met Banter forum? I'm pretty sure it is. I live up here now (well for 3 years now). Send us some snow man! 

Euro para has a beautiful track but warm. Its way quicker with the transfer than other models. Sne northward does well,

As long as someone up in the NE gets nailed, I'd be OK. As much as I want snow here in the city, we have to start some where. I really don't want another nasty cutter.

Euro para has a beautiful track but warm. Its way quicker with the transfer than other models. Sne northward does well,

I don't have access to that model but what is causing it to be warm if the track is so beautiful ? Also do you have a link to that model ?

I don't have access to that model but what is causing it to be warm if the track is so beutiful ? Also do you have a link to that model ?

Track does not necessarily equal precipitation type, this clipper on Tuesday will track well northwest of us. If the antecedent cold air is not there, it doesn't matter which way from Sunday it tracks. 

Track does not necessarily equal precipitation type, this clipper on Tuesday will track well northwest of us. If the antecedent cold air is not there, it doesn't matter which way from Sunday it tracks. 

Yep, that's it. We're expecting a high in the mid 40s on Friday. The cold air is long gone by the weekend, so we would need everything to go perfectly to get a snowstorm. The following week looks cold, so hopefully something will happen then.

Archived