Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have heard NASCAR has the highest attendance, but I don't consider it a sport. Kinda like calling

bass fishing a sport...

Shame NASCAR isn't what it used to be. Man I love watching the old Winston's back in the 90s. Even the 80s were just so good. Even though they still had restrictor plates back then, the sport was so much different. People really followed it, and cars weren't so evenly matched. Each team had an engine builder and really calculated every horsepower and gear ratio. Now it's just not the same, you can tell the whole feeling has changed.

Everyone might aswell take off from the forums rest of this week and start fresh next Monday. Very disappointing.

Good suggestion. There's nothing going on. This is shaping up worse than 2012. We at least had Irene and the October snow that year. I guess we will see some frozen stuff at some point, probably a lousy couple inches in Feb or March. Hope I'm wrong about that. But I gotta say, this dry cold, who needs it?

Good suggestion. There's nothing going on. This is shaping up worse than 2012. We at least had Irene and the October snow that year. I guess we will see some frozen stuff at some point, probably a lousy couple inches in Feb or March. Hope I'm wrong about that. But I gotta say, this dry cold, who needs it?

Well, it feels and smells like winter tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shame NASCAR isn't what it used to be. Man I love watching the old Winston's back in the 90s. Even the 80s were just so good. Even though they still had restrictor plates back then, the sport was so much different. People really followed it, and cars weren't so evenly matched. Each team had an engine builder and really calculated every horsepower and gear ratio. Now it's just not the same, you can tell the whole feeling has changed.

It became a big money spectacle. I used to like the amateur Olympics, but since the pros are in, it just ain't as much fun. It's the same with everything. I heard the critic David Edelstein talking about how the movie industry discusses "universes" and "franchises" now, with Disney wanting a new Star Wars every year, leaving less money for regular movies. I couldn't tell you much difference between the Avengers movies and Guardians of the Galaxy. OK fare, but where is the Godfather or the Deer Hunter or Apocalypse Now? They'd never be made today.

There's a reason why this area averages only 25 to 30 inches of snow per season. It's not easy getting snowstorms around here. We've had a run of unusually good luck in recent years. We're due for a bad season. 

We have had plenty of years with less. Averages are a poor measure, median is better. What is the median snowfall, someone out there must know. The mode is useful as well.

Lol.. The meltdowns are coming sooner than I thought..

I think the time is about right. Last year aside, most years like this people would be getting ready to give up by now. We have time for a turnaround but time is running out. In a week or two I will start planning the garden and ordering seeds, and by the end of Feb I will start cold weather crops indoors. By then I am not thinking about snow too much.

Archived