Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ForkyFork 9 - Snow88 3 - end of 1st QuarterAnd now a commercial message from Tex Antoine -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STRKeRkULaM

Thank you. It brought back great memories of Tex. We sat, as kids, hoping Tex would put the snow hat on Uncle Wethbee.

Now with a forum that offers so much information, there is no mystery.

Well, I still look forward to seeing what picture Forky will use next.

r

In summary: a rain storm for the 16th

A miss on the 18th.

Cold & dry after.

Just fantastic.

This ''winter'' clearly intends to test patience.

What can go wrong will go wrong it would appear.

Deep breath.

and oh yeah today's snow? its 41 at JFK as I type!

Now you know why the forecast for the city is for no more than flurries. It's 34 where I am currently. Big difference.

Now you know why the forecast for the city is for no more than flurries. It's 34 where I am currently. Big difference.

JFK will warm up super quickly on a South wind, the city is probably going to rain initially but some short range models have pretty decent squalls for our area later.

Because my paid access updates much quicker than your source does and some people here appreciate it. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

it updates maybe 5 minutes faster. you're a sucker who wants to feel important

And you're a knowledgeable poster with a met degree who would be a very valuable asset. However, you just can't help yourself with your outrageously arrogant attitude.

not only do you pay to get the gfs a whole 5 minutes faster, your analysis is regularly corrected by people who don't. you are wasting your money

In summary: a rain storm for the 16th

A miss on the 18th.

Cold & dry after.

Just fantastic.

This ''winter'' clearly intends to test patience.

What can go wrong will go wrong it would appear.

Deep breath.

and oh yeah today's snow? its 41 at JFK as I type!

And this GFS run has another cutter in the long range, around the 23rd. The flip to a cold pattern won't mean a thing if it's cutters and cold/dry. Hopefully we'll have some luck at some point, but perhaps Forky has been right all along about the pattern not being that great. 

I mostly pay for the Euro. If the Euro was free, then I wouldn't for any modeling.

wunderground offers euro precip and snowfall graphics for free

Secondly. I do it for myself, not anyone on here.

just like i said, you do it to make yourself feel important

The pattern being conducive for snow was never the argument, as I followed it. Rather the entire look of the NH pattern changed from December. We are no longer stuck in a monster of a south east ridge, with high dews and mid 50-60's for weeks on end. We have a long way to go; patience is advised.

To quote Joe Cioffi: Just because the pattern changes doesn't mean it will change to something we like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The way I figure it, to continue our Baseball themed discussion lately, NY, snow wise, is a 276 hitter who has to hit in the clutch to score its usual 30 inches. What many of us are forgetting is this: a .276 hitter is failing 72.4% of the time AND hitters go through dry spells. In fact, a .345 hitter, IE NNE and snow belts and the Rockies etc.. go through dry spells too but its very different dynamic when climo is on your side.Climo is not our friend

The way I figure it, to continue our Baseball themed discussion lately, NY, snow wise, is a 276 hitter who has to hit in the clutch to score its usual 30 inches. What many of us are forgetting is this: a .276 hitter is failing 72.4% of the time AND hitters go through dry spells. In fact, a .345 hitter, IE NNE and snow belts and the Rockies etc.. go through dry spells too but its very different dynamic when climo is on your side.Climo is not our friend

But climo is our friend in that we've never gone a whole winter without measurable snowfall so the chances of Feb going snowless if January does and December did would be miniscule

Archived