joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015-16 Total New England Snow Table

Kevin W

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still can't believe I average 120" and am sitting at 33" cumulative on February 21st, with 1 advisory level event and 0 warning events. 

Its pretty impressive.  I wish I had better appreciated the 155" that fell in 2010-2011 when it happened, as every winter since then has been either barely average or below.  But back then we were still in the mode of "its going to snow and its going to snow a lot every winter".  2011-2012 seemed like about as bad a winter as possible and I got 90" so I always thought that was sort of the range of possibilities... like 80-160" would fit 99% of the snow seasons.  This is the 1% in the wrong direction.

Still can't believe I average 120" and am sitting at 33" cumulative on February 21st, with 1 advisory level event and 0 warning events.

Its pretty impressive. I wish I had better appreciated the 155" that fell in 2010-2011 when it happened, as every winter since then has been either barely average or below. But back then we were still in the mode of "its going to snow and its going to snow a lot every winter". 2011-2012 seemed like about as bad a winter as possible and I got 90" so I always thought that was sort of the range of possibilities... like 80-160" would fit 99% of the snow seasons. This is the 1% in the wrong direction.

33" up there? Wow, I knew it was bad, but that's poor for even MBY to date.

I'm calling it now. A rogue 1-2 foot event in late April or May is coming this year for you.

Its pretty impressive. I wish I had better appreciated the 155" that fell in 2010-2011 when it happened, as every winter since then has been either barely average or below. But back then we were still in the mode of "its going to snow and its going to snow a lot every winter". 2011-2012 seemed like about as bad a winter as possible and I got 90" so I always thought that was sort of the range of possibilities... like 80-160" would fit 99% of the snow seasons. This is the 1% in the wrong direction.

It's safe to say, you won't see this again.

Its pretty impressive.  I wish I had better appreciated the 155" that fell in 2010-2011 when it happened, as every winter since then has been either barely average or below.  But back then we were still in the mode of "its going to snow and its going to snow a lot every winter".  2011-2012 seemed like about as bad a winter as possible and I got 90" so I always thought that was sort of the range of possibilities... like 80-160" would fit 99% of the snow seasons.  This is the 1% in the wrong direction.

That's really bad.  But I feel like it might actually be worse in the higher terrain of SVT and WMA.  The Taconics and Berks average a lot of snow and it hasn't really snowed at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived