joxey
2015-16 Total New England Snow Table

Kevin W

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

33.6% of normal baby!

Something we never thought possible and probably will never see again in our lifetime. A full 50" lower than the previous worst season of 2011-12 in my years up here.

Hold the presses there. Your season isn't done yet.

you, Garth and I within 1 inch. No slant stickers

Yeah, look at that. And Kevin at 47" is in the ballpark of what I'd expect as well.

It's funny, this is the first year I've actually kept track of a seasonal total and it has ended up a lot more than what I would have guessed if I just think back to the major storms. I would have probably guessed 30-35".

Been saying that since February... I know what you mean but honestly there isn't a single person up here who thinks it'll snow again. I've had like a cummulative 12" since January. Why would it change now?

Because eventually it will stop snowing in SNE.

PF closer to a Ray meltdown.

Oh no we melted yesterday.

This was a great winter for anyone over 80% of normal...that's all you can ask for.

We bested BOS 2011-12 for frustration levels...at least that winter you didn't watch Philly get 5 advisory/warning level events ;).

When tamarack is starting to lose it that's when you know it's gotten bad.

Oh no we melted yesterday.

This was a great winter for anyone over 80% of normal...that's all you can ask for.

We bested BOS 2011-12 for frustration levels...at least that winter you didn't watch Philly get 5 advisory/warning level events ;).

When tamarack is starting to lose it that's when you know it's gotten bad.

And I'm at 53% of my avg, not 33%, so even if it's the least for any of my 43 winters in Maine, it's not as epically terrible as north and central VT and adjacent NY.

That would be about 14.5" or so. But for you, 33% of snowfall is much more of a deviation since your variance is so much smaller than ours.

Good point, and even more true farther north.  If CAR had even a 50% winter, it would be their least snowy in 77 years of record..

And I'm at 53% of my avg, not 33%, so even if it's the least for any of my 43 winters in Maine, it's not as epically terrible as north and central VT and adjacent NY.

That would be about 14.5" or so. But for you, 33% of snowfall is much more of a deviation since your variance is so much smaller than ours.

Good point, and even more true farther north. If CAR had even a 50% winter, it would be their least snowy in 77 years of record..

I honestly didn't think under 50% (60" or less basically) was even possible here, but I guess it supports JSpin's calculation of a 1 in 115 year season.

I honestly didn't think under 50% (60" or less basically) was even possible here, but I guess it supports JSpin's calculation of a 1 in 115 year season.

You have a decent shot at it, but I still think you are spiking the football at the 5 yard line.

Possibly, but you have no idea how persistent this pattern has been for us. And there's nothing on the progs that would indicate a change in that. Its now April and still banging out the same pattern it has since early January.

Hey, I said 5 yard line, not 50.

Archived