Kevin W

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible final 2015-2016 BTV total: 29.4 inches

Departure: -34.5

Normal to date: 63.9

Last year to date: 78.2

No way that's final.  Its March 6th.  Yeah I know, its a bad season....but I would be absolutely shocked if BTV didn't see any more accumulation. 

Anyway, looks like BTV may come close to 2011-2012's total (37") if we get a storm.

Amazingly I'm going to be like 4-5 feet below 2011-2012 while BTV is similar.  Shows what a "circle jerk" as some say on here it was for the upslope areas that winter.  Funny that such a bad winter ended up being one of the best upslope seasons in like a decade.

No way that's final. Its March 6th. Yeah I know, its a bad season....but I would be absolutely shocked if BTV didn't see any more accumulation.

Anyway, looks like BTV may come close to 2011-2012's total (37") if we get a storm.

Amazingly I'm going to be like 4-5 feet below 2011-2012 while BTV is similar. Shows what a "circle jerk" as some say on here it was for the upslope areas that winter. Funny that such a bad winter ended up being one of the best upslope seasons in like a decade.

Yeah the northern greens certainly did cash in some on upslope without question. That is what prevented complete disaster for those ski areas aside from aggressive snowmaking.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Can someone direct me to where I can find info for

Durham NH

2015-16 to date

2014-15 total

Seasonal average total snow

Thanks for any input!!

Rough guestimates...maybe someone can find hard data somewhere.

25-30" 2015-2016

95-105" 2014-2015

Seasonal 65-70"

Incredible drop off...

Thanks so much, hope to move up to that general region someday or perhaps western VT (Dorset/Weston) more snow there I believe!?

Thanks again!

Nope, not more snow in western VT. Dorset is a few minutes from me. I had 103" last year and have 29" this year.

Although seasonal would be higher than 65-70. I think average here is upper 70s-80"

Weston would probably be better than Dorset in terms of snowfall and rentention---higher elevation and east of the spine of the greens. Although this year it's low everywhere.

Nope, not more snow in western VT. Dorset is a few minutes from me. I had 103" last year and have 29" this year.

Although seasonal would be higher than 65-70. I think average here is upper 70s-80"

Weston would probably be better than Dorset in terms of snowfall and rentention---higher elevation and east of the spine of the greens. Although this year it's low everywhere.

Meh, anything south of a line form Middlebury to WRJ should just be given to Massachusetts. Lol, jk. I don't get down to that area as much as I used to but I think you're correct I general. I would give Dorset the edge in golf though. I love the Field Club.

Meh, anything south of a line form Middlebury to WRJ should just be given to Massachusetts. Lol, jk. I don't get down to that area as much as I used to but I think you're correct I general. I would give Dorset the edge in golf though. I love the Field Club.

Ahhh, the true view from NVTers toward CVT and SVT come out. You guys have the "big city",superior ski resorts, more snow. We get it. I'm going to start a petition to secede.

What about Rutland? I heard that town is a meth lab.

Yeah, it's had some rough times lately but there is something I like about it. You can get the best subs in the state there for one thing. They have 3 or 4 sandwich places that are great. Their secret is that they use shredded cabbage instead of lettuce. Much crisper and adds some taste. Rutland was also the historic counter-balance to Burlington but it's glory days are past and it needs to reinvent itself.

What about Rutland? I heard that town is a meth lab.

Yeah, it's had some rough times lately but there is something I like about it. You can get the best subs in the state there for one thing. They have 3 or 4 sandwich places that are great. Their secret is that they use shredded cabbage instead of lettuce. Much crisper and adds some taste. Rutland was also the historic counter-balance to Burlington but it's glory days are past and it needs to reinvent itself.

Yea, we can give that one away too.  Mreaves is right, they have some decent sub shops there.  Other than that, no reason to ever go there other than some shopping as it has some bigger chain stores that they don't have in the smaller towns (like Manchester, Dorset, etc) Not sure how it can reinvent itself, but it would nice if it could.

Yea, we can give that one away too.  Mreaves is right, they have some decent sub shops there.  Other than that, no reason to ever go there other than some shopping as it has some bigger chain stores that they don't have in the smaller towns (like Manchester, Dorset, etc) Not sure how it can reinvent itself, but it would nice if it could.

I'm not sure how they reinvent themselves either.  Barre is just starting to do it a bit but we have the advantage of being close to Montpelier and a relatively easy commute to Burlington and Hanover, NH/WRJ, VT.  Western VT has always felt they were shafted by not getting interstate access.  

I thought i could smell meth near the bowlerama over there...........lol

So far, In the bronze position just cracking the 40's

2nd tallest among the midgets, and since this winter ends in an even-numbered year, I should stay ahead of you.  Since 2010-11, winters ending in odd years have had LEW ahead of NS, evens the other way around.  Still, my YTD snow is 18th of 18 winters here, 3.5" less than 2007 (which added 46" from 3/16 on - nothing like that happening this time.)

2nd tallest among the midgets, and since this winter ends in an even-numbered year, I should stay ahead of you.  Since 2010-11, winters ending in odd years have had LEW ahead of NS, evens the other way around.  Still, my YTD snow is 18th of 18 winters here, 3.5" less than 2007 (which added 46" from 3/16 on - nothing like that happening this time.)

And there you will remain, I believe other then a fluke, I'm most likely done here as far as snow goes

Thanks, my thinking was seasonal averages compared to Durham/Portsmouth NH area.

Spending more time in both locals with my daughter at UNH these past few years...

Too hard to make the move yet with the rest of my family down here in the NW Philly burbs...

Our winter sucked here as well despite the 21" dump, hit 70 today, any warmer and I melt!

Archived