amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2015-16 Total New England Snow Table

Kevin W

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scooter thinks it's remote AK because the nearest DD is a half hour away.

DD is garbage anyways.

It's a beautiful area to visit. Not my cup of tea to live in, but that's just me. Looking forward to all the posts of snow from Hippy to Logan 11 next winter while I rain,

Someone asks where you live from away and you respond with T2 R7. I like to see the look on their face!

When we told some NJ friends we were moving to Northern Maine (Ft.Kent), they asked if that meant north of Portland. We replied that when one gets to Portland one is almost halfway.

You know it's a terrible winter when my least snowy season since moving to Maine 43 years ago still ranks 2nd on the table.

LOL, because of DD? I drink coffee strong. DD just tastes like crap to me.

I'm just anti SB. I make my own coffee at home in the Keurig and go for the really strong roasts. I've finally gotten to the point where I like it black, but I can't kick the sugar completely. I actually haven't had any for a couple months for various reasons, but I did have a green tea this morning for the first time of the year. It's been one of those weeks...

I fished up to T3 R13 for many years, You know its remote when all you had was the Maine Gazzetteer to get you to navigate in the right direction, The black flies don't mind being visited either

They always appreciate fresh blood! 

This June will make 20 years since we endured the worst blackflies of my experience at my favorite N.Maine fishing place, Deboullie (T15R9.)   On the hottest day of the year (CAR hit 91), a time when blackflies usually seek shade and leave the human buffet to the deerflies, I was getting hammered by the smaller beasties in the middle of 250+ acre Deboullie Pond at midday.  I think there was too little airspace for the swarms to all fit over land.  People with bug-net hats had their vision seriously curtailed by all the would-be blood-drinkers perched on the  screens.  Only two places to get away from them, our tent (which was about 120F inside) or right next to one of the ice/snow holdover pockets in the spruce-shaded boulders nearby, where it was about 45F. 

They always appreciate fresh blood!

This June will make 20 years since we endured the worst blackflies of my experience at my favorite N.Maine fishing place, Deboullie (T15R9.) On the hottest day of the year (CAR hit 91), a time when blackflies usually seek shade and leave the human buffet to the deerflies, I was getting hammered by the smaller beasties in the middle of 250+ acre Deboullie Pond at midday. I think there was too little airspace for the swarms to all fit over land. People with bug-net hats had their vision seriously curtailed by all the would-be blood-drinkers perched on the screens. Only two places to get away from them, our tent (which was about 120F inside) or right next to one of the ice/snow holdover pockets in the spruce-shaded boulders nearby, where it was about 45F.

They are relentless and I give off the perfect scent to attract them and mosquitos, Brutal indeed

They are relentless and I give off the perfect scent to attract them and mosquitos, Brutal indeed

I know how you feel.  When in a group, I'll be the one with 5X more bugs circling me than anyone else.  Even yellowjackets show the preference - last August on a forestry tour Downeast, in the middle of a string of 25+ attendees walking into the woods, I got nailed twice while no one else was molested.  We walked another 50 yards to discuss a recent timber harvest, and one of the striped marauders followed to give me a 3rd whack, while showing no interest in the rest of the group.

An unusually uniform total snowfall for the season in a wide geographical area between 35-45" or so. Wow.  That doesn't happen too often. 

Haha, neither do these types of winters in WNE/NNE.  I like J.Spin's 1 in 300 year calculations.

Last winter's were fairly uniform too though... you had about the same as up here.  Though the values were greater so the spread was a little greater, but that was pretty uniform overall.  The percent margin might be fairly similar to this year...just instead of 35-45" it was 100-130" where everyone was.

Haha, neither do these types of winters in WNE/NNE.  I like J.Spin's 1 in 300 year calculations.

Last winter's were fairly uniform too though... you had about the same as up here.  Though the values were greater so the spread was a little greater, but that was pretty uniform overall.  The percent margin might be fairly similar to this year...just instead of 35-45" it was 100-130" where everyone was.

Well last year had a screw zone in the CT valley into adjacent VT and NH. But I mean to have that large an area deviate by about 10" or so...especially in SNE from the interior to Cape Cod is pretty impressive. 

Archived