northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't most mountains close in a few weeks regardless of snow conditions?

Yeah, probably 90% will be closed by April 19th. There are always the staples like Sugarloaf, Killington, Sugarbush that'll go till May though.

People just stop coming though. It's already happening...even on beautiful days it's slow. There aren't enough skiers this time of year to warrant more than a handful of areas to stay open.

Thanks guys.

I've been in once and was given the 6 day step-down of Prednisone. I hate pills and so far these are no exception. I'm on day 4 now and the pain is pretty strong again today. It feels like it originates in my middle back and I get the tingling at times down both arms and both legs. The heating pad helps calm the spasms down, but I can't keep it on 24/7. Like Kevin said, I need to improve my core. I haven't worked out in awhile because I've been putting off an umbilical hernia surgery too. So now my front and back core are both f'ed up. :axe:

I was initially paranoid about MS because of the tingling in all 4 limbs, but I've had no muscle weakness. I have a follow up with my primary care Dr Wed afternoon so hopefully I can get in for some xrays or something. This completely sucks...not being able to move isn't helping either matters either.

I had an umbilical hernia last spring . You should get it taken care of right away. You probably don't have necrosis of your intestines if you haven't hsd any problems . But that could exacerbate the problem. I had a quick recovery and started working out running after (limited) a couple of weeks

I don't think it'll be all that pleasant tomorrow and Friday ...re warmth, if those other parameters are correct.

That whole napril thing only works for light/calm winds, deep blue sky and temps above 45F   We got the 55 to 70 thing, but I'm looking at sustained BL wind of yuck mph.  That's not nice really... f that!   Who cares about 58F with a 33 mph wind gust in the face through thickening clouds and drizzle/showers.  

It may be okay tomorrow, but even if it is sunny... .too much wind for that temperature.  Still clad in jackets... 

Morses Pond!  Used to sneak down along the tracks and fish off the beach.  That pond is so shallow I wouldn't be surprised if it was almost frozen to the bottom lol. 

Yeah it was frozen right to the beach...I bet you could still drive across that thing, lol.

BTV with 6th coldest Jan-Mar on record. All other climo stations were #1 and destroyed the previous record. Just another reason to speculate something at BTV is keeping it warm there.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I still maintain that their ability to radiate has somehow been compromised by land use in the area. Someone would have to do a thorough study obviously, but they've easily been the warmest relative to average versus so many sites within 200 miles.

There still driving out on some of the lakes and ponds around here which is never the case

Usually that ends by mid-March in central Maine - ice is still strong but pulling away at the edges so the pickups can't get on safely.  All is tight at present, and probably still 30" thick.  (Or why my hand auger remained in the basement this season.)

Usually that ends by mid-March in central Maine - ice is still strong but pulling away at the edges so the pickups can't get on safely.  All is tight at present, and probably still 30" thick.  (Or why my hand auger remained in the basement this season.)

lol, Can't blame you there leaving it in the basement, Going to be a late ice out it seems unless we have a real warm spell but does not look like the case over the next 10 days or so

This time of the year in SNE, ice structure will be far more important than thickness. Once the ice begins to candle, you can readily fall through more than a foot of it.

Yes. Some sections were even thicker, but just slush. Good luck standing on that.

Archived