Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling any better?

A little bit. Dr thinks it's mostly tissue related, but unfortunately it's almost my entire back. The meds were killing me so he took me off of those. Just gotta do my back exercises and take it easy.

Looks like the 18z MAV has 65F for CON Friday. High 5's all around.

There are portions of ice jams on some roofs here. I don't think that has ever happened here in April.

I've had to drive from Boston to Outer Cape over last few weeks. Pack is very variable. Ive seen some impressive pack in blue hill reservation area as well as all the way to Wareham area. Rural areas holding on quite well.

Pretty awesome.

26.8/13

The closest I have ever seen to this was probably 1993 and 2001.

But it wasn't this glacial....this is legit snow field type stuff.

Crazy.

The last of the pack in my yard should be gone over night tmw night....still a few inches left, but my neighbor's yard will make it. That is where the 17" pic was taken.

Still 14-15" on the level on his deck lol

Imagine if a couple of those whiffs or cold rains had worked out over the course of these past few weeks??

26.8/13

The closest I have ever seen to this was probably 1993 and 2001.

But it wasn't this glacial....this is legit snow field type stuff.

Crazy.

The last of the pack in my yard should be gone over night tmw night....still a few inches left, but my neighbor's yard will make it. That is where the 17" pic was taken.

Still 14-15" on the level on his deck lol

Imagine if a couple of those whiffs or cold rains had worked out over the course of these past few weeks??

Yeah I know. It's a shame we couldn't grab a warning event. 

The snowpack has been super impressive. I've seen snow melt faster in January compared to the snow cone ice consistency of this man pack. Like you said...big melt coming by Friday, but right now...it's laughing at a Sept 10 sun. 

Since everything is running about three weeks behind schedule, I was looking back at things like when the forsythia come into bloom and it was interesting that it almost always seem to follow a 2-3 week period of daily average temps above freezing.  I really hadn't had any until last week but they have been more frequent than not since then.  Originally I was wondering if the date would get pushed out later than last years 4/28 but I'm starting to wonder if we actually meet that date.  I guess I'll see how it plays out but it was just an observation that I thought I would share.

Meanwhile, it's 19° here this morning...might be the last teens I see for a while but there's still plenty of snow (albeit bare spots too) in the yard.

Since everything is running about three weeks behind schedule, I was looking back at things like when the forsythia come into bloom and it was interesting that it almost always seem to follow a 2-3 week period of daily average temps above freezing.  I really hadn't had any until last week but they have been more frequent than not since then.  Originally I was wondering if the date would get pushed out later than last years 4/28 but I'm starting to wonder if we actually meet that date.  I guess I'll see how it plays out but it was just an observation that I thought I would share.

Meanwhile, it's 19° here this morning...might be the last teens I see for a while but there's still plenty of snow (albeit bare spots too) in the yard.

Next 10-14 days certainly doesn't look warm or springlike once past tomorrow

Archived