• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

BTV with 6th coldest Jan-Mar on record. All other climo stations were #1 and destroyed the previous record. Just another reason to speculate something at BTV is keeping it warm there.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Farmington barely snuck past 1993 to nab top honors, 14.34F to 14.43F.  Even by a tenth, coldest of 123 yr records is worth remembering.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They only other time in April that i have recorded a measurement that high  was 18 years ago today, but obviously that was all from one highly anomalous event.

Never seen anything like this with so much man-snow remaining from the winter.

This is a page straight out of PF and Jeff's books.

Agree violently.

Farmington barely snuck past 1993 to nab top honors, 14.34F to 14.43F.  Even by a tenth, coldest of 123 yr records is worth remembering.

The cold has been grossly underplayed as everyone concentrated on the big snow totals in ENE, Downeast and NS. The best cold snap I can remember and the reason the snow is still around down to the ocean on April 1st in spots. Best combo winter for very many but certainly coldest Jan-Mar for most.

I still maintain that their ability to radiate has somehow been compromised by land use in the area. Someone would have to do a thorough study obviously, but they've easily been the warmest relative to average versus so many sites within 200 miles.

Yeah there must be come thing because MSS had it's coldest ever in upstate NY and then so did the other VT sites, so one would assume BTV between those locations would have as well.

Out in Fort Dodge, Iowa for a one-day business trip. As much as I love the cold and snow we have experienced, the 75 degrees feels mighty nice after this last winter.

Wind is howling, was a little bumpy coming into Des Moines. T-storms after midnight, most of the forecasts calling for the heavy stuff to the south and west of my location, around Omaha.

Yeah there must be come thing because MSS had it's coldest ever in upstate NY and then so did the other VT sites, so one would assume BTV between those locations would have as well.

BTV is missing 1994 and 2003 from near the top as well which is an indication of UHI warming.

Archived