gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

way back in the day it was the end of April...but the amount of the year we spend in DST has been steadily lengthening as there is more and more opposition to switching back and forth and it's quite possible that in the near future we will just stay in DST...as it is now, over 2/3 of the year is in DST, as the end date has now been pushed back into November...

DST used to run from the first Sunday in April through the last Sunday in October. In 2007 it was changed to the system we have now, the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November. It basically adds 4 weeks to DST, 3 weeks in the beginning, 1 at the end.

Since New England is in the eastern part of the eastern time zone, I'm all for keeping DST here all year round, which would be the same as Atlantic Standard Time. Because I'm not a morning person, I'd rather have more light in the evening than in the morning. I'd be more than willing to have a sunrise after 8 AM near the time of the Winter Solstice just to keep it light past 5 PM. I hate it getting dark shortly after 4 PM.

Thanks guys.

I've been in once and was given the 6 day step-down of Prednisone. I hate pills and so far these are no exception. I'm on day 4 now and the pain is pretty strong again today. It feels like it originates in my middle back and I get the tingling at times down both arms and both legs. The heating pad helps calm the spasms down, but I can't keep it on 24/7. Like Kevin said, I need to improve my core. I haven't worked out in awhile because I've been putting off an umbilical hernia surgery too. So now my front and back core are both f'ed up. :axe:

I was initially paranoid about MS because of the tingling in all 4 limbs, but I've had no muscle weakness. I have a follow up with my primary care Dr Wed afternoon so hopefully I can get in for some xrays or something. This completely sucks...not being able to move isn't helping either matters either.

Just adding my 2 cents - Being limber is just as important as strength.  If I'm not doing work that keeps me flexible, I do stretches specifically for my back and it's made a lot of difference.  "Throwing your back out" is fairly common and can be the worst pain.  The key is to keep moving.  Definately sounds like a pinched nerve.  Also, Aleve (naproxam sodium) can help.

Well I'm not sure on a season to date total but it's probably close to 120" if not more. Almost all of it falling in feb and mar. Currently there is 20-26" otg from exposed to shaded. This would be considered an exceptional year for snow. Avg is 70". I've never seen anything like it. Might not again. Last yr was slightly above avg but the three preceding winters sucked. We made up for them this year. Here is another couple of pics from Twitter that I thought was funny. 55c99346e63e0a97ab3b84b8adcafc4e.jpg8877c15fc31314c5ca8fba58e0bd4f03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good time to visit. About a 12-13hr drive including time change. Or the obnoxiously overpriced ferry from Portland Me. to Yarmouth is an option if $$ is no object. Sent from my iPhone

We would love to do the ferry on the way there but yeah, it is freakin' expensive! My kid would be thrilled though and it would be relaxing so we'll see where are budget is at in the next few weeks.

We will be in Dartmouth for a few days with my wife's family and then PEI for the rest of the time!

Archived