• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

way back in the day it was the end of April...but the amount of the year we spend in DST has been steadily lengthening as there is more and more opposition to switching back and forth and it's quite possible that in the near future we will just stay in DST...as it is now, over 2/3 of the year is in DST, as the end date has now been pushed back into November...

I like when it gets dark early and stays dark late

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone here dealt with major back pain/spasms and associated paresthesias in your limbs? I'm paranoid of a herniated disk in my middle back somewhere. Gah.

Yup. Had a herniated disc 6 years ago. Right leg to foot was numb and would take several minutes to stand upright from sitting due to pain. Go get an MRI asap.. When I recivered.. That's when I started running to strengthen my core

Has anyone here dealt with major back pain/spasms and associated paresthesias in your limbs? I'm paranoid of a herniated disk in my middle back somewhere. Gah.

Yup. Had a herniated disc 6 years ago. Right leg to foot was numb and would take several minutes to stand upright from sitting due to pain. Go get an MRI asap.. When I recivered.. That's when I started running to strengthen my core

Don't allow the doc to prescribe any opiates!

Good luck Brian. That stinks

Thanks guys.

I've been in once and was given the 6 day step-down of Prednisone. I hate pills and so far these are no exception. I'm on day 4 now and the pain is pretty strong again today. It feels like it originates in my middle back and I get the tingling at times down both arms and both legs. The heating pad helps calm the spasms down, but I can't keep it on 24/7. Like Kevin said, I need to improve my core. I haven't worked out in awhile because I've been putting off an umbilical hernia surgery too. So now my front and back core are both f'ed up. :axe:

I was initially paranoid about MS because of the tingling in all 4 limbs, but I've had no muscle weakness. I have a follow up with my primary care Dr Wed afternoon so hopefully I can get in for some xrays or something. This completely sucks...not being able to move isn't helping either matters either.

Thanks guys.

I've been in once and was given the 6 day step-down of Prednisone. I hate pills and so far these are no exception. I'm on day 4 now and the pain is pretty strong again today. It feels like it originates in my middle back and I get the tingling at times down both arms and both legs. The heating pad helps calm the spasms down, but I can't keep it on 24/7. Like Kevin said, I need to improve my core. I haven't worked out in awhile because I've been putting off an umbilical hernia surgery too. So now my front and back core are both f'ed up. :axe:

I was initially paranoid about MS because of the tingling in all 4 limbs, but I've had no muscle weakness. I have a follow up with my primary care Dr Wed afternoon so hopefully I can get in for some xrays or something. This completely sucks...not being able to move isn't helping either matters either.

get better bro,sounds like a pinched nerve, ice is much better though.

Thanks guys.

I've been dealing with back issues on and off for the past 4-5 years and it's sucked.  Luckily it hasn't bothered me really over the past year but I haven't been able to do anything about it b/c I haven't had medical insurance.  But I have issues with my lower back going numb and often times my arms and hands and it can be hard to grip things.  Both sides of my spine have been awful...I first hurt it screwing around ice skating...I stopped really quick and turned my back really fast and I really screwed it up during that massive winter we had.  

Everything I've read is if you need back surgery...get it ASAP...the longer you go without the more damage you do and the higher the risk you don't fully recover.

Good luck

Thanks guys.

I was initially paranoid about MS because of the tingling in all 4 limbs, but I've had no muscle weakness. I have a follow up with my primary care Dr Wed afternoon so hopefully I can get in for some xrays or something. This completely sucks...not being able to move isn't helping either matters eit

jeez, you and Eek need to stop hanging out...doesn't sound like MS, though i'm not a doctor and i didn't stay at a holiday inn express either...sounds like something is not aligned correctly with your spine and you are compressing a nerve bundle...

i second what Kev said about getting your core strong...and maybe a chiropractor/massage therapist should be added to your health routine...a long with yoga

Archived