• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
Rtd208

3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Light and occasional moderate snow now. Main roads were clearing out earlier and are now snow covered again.

im currently in a band and it's snowing hard again,everytime those bands hit n.y.c they seem to really intensify.as of 4 p.m 7.2 inches and counting..that 8 inch mark is quickly approaching. :clap:

Moderate Snow despite the radar lacking returns.

Yup, has really picked up here again. Roads are covered once more, and the plow just passed by. Radar only shows 15dbz but snowing nicely.

Went outside to shovel at 1:15 pm and we were up to 6" and down to 24F.  Took an hour to shovel and for most of that hour it was pouring heavy snow with visibility a little less than 1/4 mile (not as heavy as the 2.5" per hour 25:1 snow we got a few weeks ago) and my measurement at 2:15 pm was 7".  Wow!  It's now down to 23F/21F with 92% RH, but with 20 DBZ overhead, it's snowing very lightly.  

Had a lull with little snow, due to that "drywall" that came through, from 2:00 to 2:45 or so.  Been snowing lightly to occasionally moderately and we've picked up another 1/2" of snow and stand at 7.5" for the storm.  Would love to make 8" and think I will with that next band on my doorstep.  22F.  

Guest Pamela

20z RAP keeps some snow out over Long Island until about 8 PM. 

Had a lull with little snow, due to that "drywall" that came through, from 2:00 to 2:45 or so.  Been snowing lightly to occasionally moderately and we've picked up another 1/2" of snow and stand at 7.5" for the storm.  Would love to make 8" and think I will with that next band on my doorstep.  22F.  

yep just measured 7.5…..

Biggest event of the year….8 well in reach 

Dyker as well . 7 + OTG

Hey brother.. Could you pm me that explanation? Or just pm me? It won't let me send to you for some reason.

7.9" measured, mod snow continues, sleetstorm is probably over 8" now.

Not according to whomever submitted the Cranford report to Upton, LOL.  Havent gone out to measure again, but ts snowing moderately.

Have to be closing in on 8.