joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! That makes sense. I will probably stick to TDWR going forward as I live fairly closer to the airport relative to Upton and Mt.Holly. I have often been confused about this when NWS radar reporting mod snow and get only flurries on ground. And this cleared that up.

Glad I could help

Ha it literally just stopped snowing after I posted that it was still moderate I think. Regardless it was more the accumulation report I was bothered by. He hasnt measured, so hes just throwing low ball numbers out there. 

KNYC with 5.5 at 1pm, has to be between 6-6.5 since it snowed solidly for an hour after that. 

HRRR has wave 2 clipping the city. Should be able to tack on some more. Bring it. 

Wave 1 . Brooklyn 21.8 6 OTG Light snow , Wave 2 will pulse N close to I95 and the best snows will be from the city on S , CNJ should do well with round 2 where there are reports of 6 to 7 from round 1

You think wave two gives NYC and LI another good dump brother?

5" on the ground as of 12"15 pm, so 1" in the last hour.  Can we get to 8"?  Down to 25F.  

Went outside to shovel at 1:15 pm and we were up to 6" and down to 24F.  Took an hour to shovel and for most of that hour it was pouring heavy snow with visibility a little less than 1/4 mile (not as heavy as the 2.5" per hour 25:1 snow we got a few weeks ago) and my measurement at 2:15 pm was 7".  Wow!  It's now down to 23F/21F with 92% RH, but with 20 DBZ overhead, it's snowing very lightly.  Have I hit the drywall?  That would suck - was hoping for a few more hours of snow.  Not that I'm complaining about 7" of snow on 3/5, but am just surprised if this is the end.  Haven't read the thread yet - anyone?  

edit: ok, read through the last page or two and I guess it's the CAA drying things out.  Let's hope those waves in PA make it this far north and west and to the ground...

Guest Pamela

Complete stop in Port Jeff Station with a very well defined brightening in the clouds off to the north, 20F

I can verify that...as Sandy Dennis once said in The Out of Towners....6.2" of new snow here...and 59" on the season...including 55.5" over the last 41 days....sort of like a Poor Woman's Version of what happened up in Massachusetts.

You think wave two gives NYC and LI another good dump brother?

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nxssa_r1_h_500x620d/r1h/inxr1Knyca_h.gif

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nxssa_r1_h_500x620d/r1h/inxr1Kphla_h.gif

The second impulse will come N and may skirt the city and snow in the S boroughs C and SNJ and across LI . As the day goes the energy will sink S .

Watch for some back building in CPA , It is not completely over N of KNYC

Archived