• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

Looks like the Edison area will be right on the NW edge of the current/future batch of precip coming up from the SW - it needs to have a more northward component to not slide by to my SE, I think.  Unless it backbuilds.  

Looks like the Edison area will be right on the NW edge of the current/future batch of precip coming up from the SW - it needs to have a more northward component to not slide by to my SE, I think.  Unless it backbuilds.  

Metuchen is surrounded by Edison, so you should get the same; It is flurrying again over here in Colonia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dobbs Ferry, NY

-SN

23.0/20

7" new snow

21" snow depth

A veritable winter wonderland out there with tons of powder snow and very cold temperatures for March. Snowpack took a little bit of a hit yesterday but is still healthy at nearly 2' in the wooded areas. A lot of it will melt in the coming warm-up, but I'm surprised it's lasted this long. 

Guest Pamela

Radar looks nice for eastern NYC and most of Long Island (except the Pamela Snow Hole)

And its *usually* sooo snowy here!

*sulks*

That the snow would end here

I guess it was my fate...

I hope it begins again

All I can do is wait...

Where is the love?

Site isn't allowing me to reply to forky's post with the cool EWR radar for some reason, so trying this way.  Anyway, this is an awesome radar.  It clearly showed the 20-30 mile wide "dry line" approaching from NW to SE, engulfing me in dryness from about 2:05 to 2:45, while the Ft. Dix radar showed 20-25 DBZ virga.  FWIW, the 0.20 reflectivity (48 mile range) worked best for me, probably since I'm only 15 miles away.  Bookmark worthy.  

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-radar/united-states/nj/newark/ewr/

And its *usually* sooo snowy here!

*sulks*

That the snow would end here

I guess it was my fate...

I hope it begins again

All I can do is wait...

Where is the love?

it is shrinking, i'm confident most of the island gets stuck under a band of light to moderate snow for the next 2-4 hours.

It's pretty much impossible to figure out where the back edge is. Some 20+dbz echos starting to form in E PA again and the KBGM radar shows activity all the way up to NW of Scranton.

I'd use the TEWR radar, there's plenty of snow growth aloft but little hitting the ground because of the dry air

Archived