joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ice/Wintery Mix Event 3/1

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps on a slow, gradual -- but undeniable -- climb.  At the high temp for day w/ 26.1* as temp just shot up 0.4 while at the window.

Looking out the window ... looks like rain, sounds like sleet.

My side streets are all white with sleet on top, but not sure if icy -- haven't driven since 10am and really don't plan to.

Pine trees look fine, no visible ice build-up.

Pretty good lull in the ZR. Ian may have a point. This time of the day, sun angle is RAGING, roads may be thawing, but even so, once that sun gets kind of low on the horizon in the late afternoon, if the temps are still in the 20s and ZR keeps falling, we could have big time accretion. Then again if the ZR quits early, Ian could be quite right that we do not really need a WSW for ice except in places like Loudoun and Jefferson Cnty in West Virginia. Those places have high elev and wont thaw even if the sun went supernova lol

Nice week shaping up if you like winter weather . Snow/mix today...front end snow Tuesday and backend snow Wed night.

Snow/mix today...Rain Tuesday and warming. 66 degrees Wednesday and even more Rain Wed night

STILL a decent winter though. After Tue and Wed all snow will be GONE from Dale City, even piles at shopping centers will be reduced 90 percent, VASTLY different landscape, but spring has to come sometime. I have GOT to get the Gunk off of my car. After Wed night's gullywashers, my car will be very clean. Best thing- It's FREE.

Then - Spring cleaning starts. I got a million branches in my yard from Arctic high winds. EPO will flash positive, heat will take over the country, I gotta get my yard spring cleaned before the high grass takes over.

switching between sleet and freezing rain here... luckily it didn't get too bad this AM so we were able to complete the 10k run in DC - although the roads were getting icy by the finish. tons of fun running in the snow/sleet though (serious)...

roads downtown are fine... but the sidewalks, even downtown, are in really bad shape... hard to walk without taking it slow.

Archived