• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ice/Wintery Mix Event 3/1

stormtracker

My concrete driveway and sidewalks are nasty. Half decent ice event during daylight by March standards.

Holding right @ 30F

I know there has been alot of downplaying of this event, myself included, but its an icy wonderland here. Even at 30 degrees lots of freezing on contact and icicles. I can walk on top the snow. I am sure the main roads are fine, but my road is a mess. Still not too worried about tree branches coming down..but they have a decent coating of ice.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there has been alot of downplaying of this event, myself included, but its an icy wonderland here. Even at 30 degrees lots of freezing on contact and icicles. I can walk on top the snow. I am sure the main roads are fine, but my road is a mess. Still not too worried about tree branches coming down..but they have a decent coating of ice.

It's impressive especially for the date but maybe still some disconnect. When you think winter storm warning you think highest level impact for travel and otherwise. So far.. eh, at least in this immediate area around here. Ice almost always gets talked up more than it ends up doing. For it to even reach the higher end of reasonable expectations is usually huge for ice.

That's right near me...everything is icy here. Sidewalks and side streets are covered and glazed. Still at 27 degrees. Nice event.

It's impressive especially for the date but maybe still some disconnect. When you think winter storm warning you think highest level impact for travel and otherwise. So far.. eh, at least in this immediate area around here. Ice almost always gets talked up more than it ends up doing. For it to even reach the higher end of reasonable expectations is usually huge for ice.

I'm surprised D.C. was included honestly, but anywhere else it should verify.

I'm surprised D.C. was included honestly, but anywhere else it should verify.

I'd imagine it will verify in the city. But still on impacts unless we get point of trees crashing down.

I'd imagine it will verify in the city. But still on impacts unless we get point of trees crashing down.

Down this way, sidewalks are a mess. Everything else is just wet, though precip picked back up.

Archived