joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oomph idk if I want to cheer too much 27 there's a pocket of 0 850s around my area but that may be 33 and some darn heavy rain that would kinda suck but overall can't really complain with the prospects of this. It's 4 degrees under forecast at 8 and rgem and GFS are looking good.

Yep...that's the date...Harrisburg got 18" of snow. I got 8" of pure sleet...it was crazy...1.5 miles south of the m/d line.

I realize that you would rather have had the eighteen inches of snow, but just imagine how well eight inches of pure sleet would have stood up to 45 degree sunshine! It would have hardly melted! You would have had an 8 inch deep pure GLACIER!

if that verifies idk what the hell I'm gonna do with myself

looking at the text output, it looks like you get .75" as snow, give or take .1", and then ,86"+ of rain, so I don't know how they get that map

not trying to be a pr*ck, it's just that the WxBell snow maps are garbage when temps or even close to borderline but still rain

oh yea...thats right. The ice storm was amazing if i remember. It was raining in the teens.The Feb 1994 storm was devestating. called for more than 12 inches of snow and got 5 of sleet. That winter sucked

I remember that. It was 18 degrees on a Thursday night. It started raining. The rain instantly froze to my utter delight, and I started sliding on it with glee and onlookers stared at me in total shock, with their lower jaws resting on the icy ground lol. Then the ZR changed to sleet. That sleet became heavy at times and it accumulated 3 inches. It was so much fun jebwalking!!! The loose sleet was fun to walk in then later it hardened like epoxy into a most marvelous glacier upon which I happily slid for days! The sledding was par excellence! The sledding runs were fast as all hell! I slid on my shoes all the way down a street in Dale City, in Hillendale, without falling. That was a first. Man I LOVED that storm so much! And the COLD! I really enjoyed it!

Archived