Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGEM starts between 10-11AM at both DCA/BWI, is all snow through 7PM at DCA and 8PM at BWI

ZR starts at 7PM at DCA and lasts until around 9:30PM when it changes to all rain

BWI is ZR by 8PM and changes to all rain between 10-11PM

It looks like that at 7pm DC has a 30.20 baro, cold air scouring out that is Not.

Has rgem been an exceptionally good short range model this year?

Its tended to have a slight warm bias all winter, I have been shifting its rain/snow snow/frozen lines 30-40 miles south and its been working with most storms.  Otherwise its been good, not as foolproof as it was last winter but still very good.

Its tended to have a slight warm bias all winter, I have been shifting its rain/snow snow/frozen lines 30-40 miles south and its been working with most storms.  Otherwise its been good, not as foolproof as it was last winter but still very good.

that would work out just fine down here if it turned out that way

Two things about this storm:

1) I will get about an inch of snow/sleet in Dale City tomorrow. I dont care what TWC says, I dont trust them any more, all they care about is MONEY. They can't forecast their way out of a wet paper bag. All they care about is young stunning ladies and CA$H.

2) Maryland is going to get DESTROYED by snow tomorrow and Sunday morning, because Bob Chill lives there, BlizzardNole lives there and psuhoffman lives there, and most of all, Because I said so lol.

0z Monday RGEM run the night before the 16-17th storm. Not bad. 

If we're really analyzing how each model did in the last storm to hope it does the same in this one, just for the record, the RGEM was too sharp in its cutoff in precip for northern MD. The gradient was much more gentle than the model caught on. And, it was underdone for our area and DC by its last run by quite a bit. The last run before onset had the 0.2" contour just barely north of us and DC was only like 0.3 (vs. 0.5" actual at DCA). The GFS was actually fairly close to being right in QPF and was locked in to pretty much the same scenario 4 runs in a row. But that doesn't mean the GFS is going to be right this time... 

haven't seen it yet, but from th 12 hr. maps, clearly looked further south, which will be better for DCA/BWI

Oh yea she's good Mitch. Hours 18-24 for me all the way down here I get hammered and at 24 both 850 and 2m is still just to my south that would be a little later than what it's been showing for a flip over. God I hope the GFS is right for everyone.

That is great for us weenies... Not that it's not a valid statement :P

Archived