joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking at the text output, it looks like you get .75" as snow, give or take .1", and then ,86"+ of rain, so I don't know how they get that map

not trying to be a pr*ck, it's just that the WxBell snow maps are garbage when temps or even close to borderline but still rain

Hey Mitch, do the ratios start off higher and then trend downward from there? So essentially we can cut those totals in half? I guess a solid 4-8 would be a respectable start?

Sure looks like a lot of qpf is going to be wasted on DCA as freezing rain or cold rain.  That qpf jackpot would probably better serve the central and upper md crew.  I'm not really sure how I feel about a quick 6" snowstorm that's washed away by rain in 12 hours, but it would be my biggest snowstorm of the year... so there is that.

uwyo used to have a website with UKMET where it would update around 11pm. THey stopped updating it a year ago and every other outlet doesn't update until 11:45 or so. I wonder why they were so early and what happened or why no one else can get it out like they did.

Didn't UKMET change its public offerings?

Archived