Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

euro gives us .25 qpf

GFS gives us almost 3 inches. What a waste of Howards moist package

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar? :lol:

ETA:  Wait, in all seriousness, what's this mention of the GFS for Sunday night on the back end?  There have been model runs previously that showed a wave along the front, not sure if this is the same kind of thing.  Looked a bit more...maybe something over 0.1 in terms of QPF at that time?

Euro looks like an outlier now. Maybe all this goes back to solution from a few days ago

Yeah, if only.  But I really don't think that will happen.  A few days ago, if I recall correctly, it was giving us snow followed by sleet and ice, then cold again.  I'd take that in a second over slop then rain, which is where things are heading now.

Yeah, if only. But I really don't think that will happen. A few days ago, if I recall correctly, it was giving us snow followed by sleet and ice, then cold again. I'd take that in a second over slop then rain, which is where things are heading now.

weaker low...more southerly track to start and quicker to get here would help. Even euro from a few days ago still had low tracking west

weaker low...more southerly track to start and quicker to get here would help. Even euro from a few days ago still had low tracking west

I think those "good" solutions a couple or so days ago were more of an overrunning situation into cold air (i.e., the weaker low that you mention?), but don't recall the exact details.

I think those "good" solutions a couple or so days ago were more of an overrunning situation into cold air (i.e., the weaker low that you mention?), but don't recall the exact details.

it showed 6 to 8 lol. I'd take half of that.earlier onset wouled also help

I wonder if having the ao and nao being +3 this weekend has anything to do with the crap track and exit stage right cold.

now you're grasping      ;)

actually, the sref's keep a lot of energy out west and when I just looked at them I thought, hmmmm

then I looked at what you posted re the 2nd storm and thought, hmmmm again

so in addition to thinking the 2nd storm has a shot maybe, I've written a song with a few h's and lots of m's

Archived