joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the heels of a historic cold snap to boot...

I've reached acceptance... as much as I'd hate to see it happen, it's going to rain.

But I'm gonna go all CTBlizz and hope it's 33 degree rain that won't wash away my snow and will freeze it solid instead. Wouldn't that be cool?

I've reached acceptance... as much as I'd hate to see it happen, it's going to rain.

But I'm gonna go all CTBlizz and hope it's 33 degree rain that won't wash away my snow and will freeze it solid instead. Wouldn't that be cool?

No. if its going to rain, then let it be 50 and rain, so it all disappears. Not an annoying reminder that it could be snowing but instead Mother Nature decided to give us the finger, rise to 33* and then dump .3-.5 qpf on us. 

Weatherbell maps pretty similar. 2-4" DC up to BWI on both NAM and GFS 6z runs. Interested to see if "Mitch's trend" continues. Certainly did look colder.

Of course weenie UKMET snow map has 4-6 for the corridor. Either way, I guess signs are there its trending a bit on the colder side of the envelope.

Ukmet is overdone. Go wash dc panel and look at 850's. Prob 2-4" snow followed by sleet/zr/rain. Still a good solution and in line with 6z USA stuff.

Weatherbell maps pretty similar. 2-4" DC up to BWI on both NAM and GFS 6z runs. Interested to see if "Mitch's trend" continues. Certainly did look colder. 

Of course weenie UKMET snow map has 4-6 for the corridor. Either way, I guess signs are there its trending a bit on the colder side of the envelope. 

I'd take something like that at this point, even if the Ukie is overdone.  What I'm hoping for (perhaps vainly!) is:  (1)the amount of all-rain is a lot less so we don't just get everything washed away, including what we've got on the ground now, and (2)it's not as much of a torch at the surface, or at least for as long a time before the cold air returns.  At this point, it's all but a guarantee we'll be flipping to rain late Saturday night or early Sunday (depending on where one lives, I suppose).  I'd like to see the stuff that falls after that change-over minimized if possible, before it gets cold again.  Oh, and not sure I saw as much excitement for the back-end wave or whatever it was, which showed up the other day.

wow- nam is more sheared and further south with the vort. Heights moved in the right direction. wtf

you should be officially scared     lol

Archived