joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the key. When models showed strong ccw circ with lp to the west and strong cw from the hp off the coast, it was the perfect way to punch arctic air in the face.

Weaker/sheared is the ticket.

you remember a few days ago when i said the Euro gave us 5-6 inches but Yoda said he didnt see any storm because there was no L on the map. Yea..we kind of need that

That's the key. When models showed strong ccw circ with lp to the west and strong cw from the hp off the coast, it was the perfect way to punch arctic air in the face.

Weaker/sheared is the ticket.

Yeah, that high off the coast was a killer.  I have only looked briefly, but is that high a bit further north than earlier modeled?

you remember a few days ago when i said the Euro gave us 5-6 inches but Yoda said he didnt see any storm because there was no L on the map. Yea..we kind of need that

Yup...that's more along the lines of how those solutions looked a few days ago (the ones that were good).  Hopefully the models are trending back to that general idea and that it's correct.  And not just the NAM, LOL!!

We seem to be backing back into that scenario again. Its not because the arctic air is holding stronger as much as modeled h5 is easing off the amp pedal. Still skeptical.

Archived