joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I get 4", I'll be @ 18-19" on the year. That combined with the crazy cold Feb and overall cold Jan-Feb means this winter will rank in the top 50th percentile in many ways. I will never look back at it as a bad year. Although localized, saturday night will rank high up there with winter events in general. Things like that just don't happen often at all.

If I get 4", I'll be @ 18-19" on the year. That combined with the crazy cold Feb and overall cold Jan-Feb means this winter will rank in the top 50th percentile in many ways. I will never look back at it as a bad year. Although localized, saturday night will rank high up there with winter events in general. Things like that just don't happen often at all.

Saturday night was epic.  Give me a couple of those a year and I might forget about KUs.  Last night was 5 minutes of Saturday night.  

And I dont think the winter is over after this one. There is going to be plenty of stuff to track. It doesnt mean any of it will hit us. But I would think we would get hit at least once more this year.

What's the temp progression on the Euro? 

for me and you

48 - upper teens

51 - 25

54 - 30

57 - 30

60 - mid 30s

edit - at 850 we're below until around 64 hours though some barely above 0's creep into western VA

at 925, we go above around hour 62

at 700mb well below freezing...no issue

Precip moves in at hour 54

Thanks-- did Bob Chill have a typo in his post about the 850 0C line being down at RIC at 0Z Sunday then?

no, it is correct. We're -2 but jump to + fairly quicky between 0z-6z. Either way, the euro made big steps in the colder direction inside of 72 hours. There's room for improvements on all guidance if you want to be glass half full. I always am.

Archived