joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the Miller A 12''+ storm that we were promised going into this year? Hopefully early March will be rocking.

I'm with Ji... this 3-5'' stuff isn't even worth the time tracking :/

Meh...all I care about is the competition (which ends March 1st) I have with my friend in Fairbanks. Currently his total is about 19.9", and I am sitting at 14" or so. 3-4" would put me into striking distance down the stretch. lol

I'll go on record right now and say that this is how it plays out.

I wish it was wetter.

Hard to bet against the UKMET right now considering it's performance this winter. If it holds the same solution tomorrow, then my confidence would be very high.

I would be interested in seeing a technical discussion on the UKMET and how it has handled things this winter. The 17km resolution is a little low compared to the new GFS, but it just blows it away.

I'll go on record right now and say that this is how it plays out.

I wish it was wetter.

Double edged sword. Wetter on the front side means the storm needs to be more organized and stronger. For the most part anyways. That doesn't help. We're pretty much getting lucky here as it is. Having zero cold air feed means we squeeze out as much as possible with a stale and departing airmass. 

I hope the gfs is wrong about the rain after the flip. 

Hard to bet against the UKMET right now considering it's performance this winter. If it holds the same solution tomorrow, then my confidence would be very high.

I would be interested in seeing a technical discussion on the UKMET and how it has handled things this winter. The 17km resolution is a little low compared to the new GFS, but it just blows it away.

Maybe less (resolution) is more (accuracy in a highly change-sensitive pattern)?

18z RGEM at 54... interesting...

attachicon.gifPT_PN_054_0000.gif

I can't comment on how long we can hold onto the snow other than to say record setting arctic air masses do not give up easily. I think we also have a very good opportunity to do something else unusual and that is after we do get the mild burst that 1045 high and the counterclockwise around the depatrtng low are going to tandem to get that cold air back in here quick and change DC back to snow.

Nelson/Albemarle/Augusta/Rockingham/Highland/Pendleton/Central VA Blue Ridge

Watch issued for Saturday morning into late Saturday night... potential exists for 5 or more inches of snow or a tenth of an inch of ice or more

good for them :sleepy:

Nelson/Albemarle/Augusta/Rockingham/Highland/Pendleton/Central VA Blue Ridge

Watch issued for Saturday morning into late Saturday night... potential exists for 5 or more inches of snow or a tenth of an inch of ice or more

Places no one cares about ;)

Archived