• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

I keep seeing people write comparisons to this year and 11-12. For me, Winter needs 2 things: cold and snow. I would give 11-12 an "F" for cold and an "F" for snow. This year would be an "F" for snow of course, but I would say a "C" for cold. At least there has been some good (though short) cold shots, and there looks to be more. 11-12 was the worst winter ever in my book. This one isn't much better, but at least there is some cold to work with. Unlike many of you, I like cold and dry, especially if it's the only way we can get cold. Obviously I'd rather have snow, but cold is better than no cold like in 11-12.

I have similar feelings about cold and snow (or lack thereof).

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold is pointless without snow. What can you do outside with plain cold and no snow that is fun? At least if it is warm you can enjoy doing things outside. And snow makes it fun and interesting. Plain cold is boring and useless.

You have said that very same thing about 100 times. Cold and dry is awesome. You can go outside in a coat and have lots of fun. Dress in layers and you will be warm.

You have said that very same thing about 100 times. Cold and dry is awesome. You can go outside in a coat and have lots of fun. Dress in layers and you will be warm.

Beats 37F and rain.

I went back and looked at how the GEFS did with the cold spell we had this past week, wasn't to far off from day 10. A little cold then what verified but within reason.

Beats 37F and rain.

I went back and looked at how the GEFS did with the cold spell we had this past week, wasn't to far off from day 10. A little cold then what verified but within reason.

Good deal. Maybe it'll be in the ballpark with the upcoming cold then. By the way, The Weather Channel really sucks with all their stupid shows.

Good deal. Maybe it'll be in the ballpark with the upcoming cold then. By the way, The Weather Channel really sucks with all their stupid shows.

Yeah, I can't believe they are not wall to wall coverage of winter storm aspclown, or whatever it's called! The naming storms in winter is stupid! We have all basically agreed , but they name so many every winter , nobody can keep track! I mean really, who remembers Xavier from 2013, exactly!??? Smdh

Cold is pointless without snow. What can you do outside with plain cold and no snow that is fun? At least if it is warm you can enjoy doing things outside. And snow makes it fun and interesting. Plain cold is boring and useless.

We're just talking opinions here Brick. To me, cold is enjoyable, even if it's dry. I love to walk out on a bright sunny day with cold air - it makes actually feel like - gasp- WINTER! To me it is fun to have to bundle up in cold and go hiking or playing ball - don't have to worry about bugs, poison ivy, allergies, .... My wife and I also love going out on weekend nights and bundling up to get some hot chocolate! I think there's lots of fun things about cold - snow just makes it even better! Some people actually like cold you know - you seem to like snow, but not cold. But if it's not cold, you'll never get your snow! Kinda like saying hot weather is pointless without a beach. But in reality, lots of people like hot weather, and there are lots of fun things you can do , even though I personally do not enjoy it much. It's really a silly argument in the SE anyway though since our "cold" is laughable compared to much of the county. It's not like our cold and dry weather is -30 or something.

We're just talking opinions here Brick. To me, cold is enjoyable, even if it's dry. I love to walk out on a bright sunny day with cold air - it makes actually feel like - gasp- WINTER! To me it is fun to have to bundle up in cold and go hiking or playing ball - don't have to worry about bugs, poison ivy, allergies, .... My wife and I also love going out on weekend nights and bundling up to get some hot chocolate! I think there's lots of fun things about cold - snow just makes it even better! Some people actually like cold you know - you seem to like snow, but not cold. But if it's not cold, you'll never get your snow! Kinda like saying hot weather is pointless without a beach. But in reality, lots of people like hot weather, and there are lots of fun things you can do , even though I personally do not enjoy it much. It's really a silly argument in the SE anyway though since our "cold" is laughable compared to much of the county. It's not like our cold and dry weather is -30 or something.

Good post sir!

Some believe anything.... If you believe hyped up bs all the time, your going to be suckered more times than you can count. Especially, when there call for above-normal snow. I got my magic 8 too it says, try again...lol

Yeah! Let's just move to Boston and get another foot of snow next Thursday. :lmao: That's epic what they have been going through.

Tor con 3 for central California today. Don't think I've ever seen that. About 4 weeks left here to avoid the shutout. This week ain't gonna get it done, so that will leave about a 3 week window. Just don't see this pattern letting go, been locked in since early December. Same ole model cycle crap to. Pump up the ridge and as we get inside 10 days start beating it down. Wash rinse repeat.

Archived