joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the GFS is wrong about the cold. 

I like cold snaps if they are really noteworthy, which the cold on the gfs is  but at this point it would be nice to get some moisture to go with it. The sands of the hour glass are starting to dwindle down..

That was a classic Jebman post       :lol:     priceless   :lol:

Yeah..that was a bit far out there even for him. wowsers. I have to admit I'm getting a kick out of new england/boston getting so much snow while the mid atlantic mostly has to set back and watch.

Classic or not, it came across as creepy to me.

That's putting it nicely. There are a lot more words that come to mind.

Wow, that's some vile filth. It sounds like the guy has some mental issues to be able to concoct something that twisted in his head.....

Agreed. How is that post even still there? Why would the MA mods allow him to post that? Good thing we have some good mods in the SE forum, because that would be a 5 day timeout right there.

CNBC Article:  You Want Believe What Boston Area Snow Plowers Make

During the past four weeks alone, his sales have neared the $400,000 mark. That's sharply higher than a typical winter season, when the snow removal company will bring in roughly $150,000.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102408792

We need to get brother Jason (Powerstroke) over in King NC in on some of this type of action.

Moving this riveting conversation to banter... :)

Let me clarify in great detail so Webber and SuperJames can't argue this :-)

It's rare for RDU to get greater the 2"+ accumating snowfall after March 10th. I would define rare as less than once a decade, but to give you guys a fighting chance we can go with 15 years. Last time this occurred was 32 years ago, thus rare.

If you want something else to argue....the earth is round....we are not alone in the universe.

I won't argue with that. Major events after mid-March are pretty rare. I think 1983 was probably the last one (two events that year: March 24 - 6"+, and April 19 - 1.9").

Early March events are pretty common, however.

Archived