CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it interesting that we're now punting the first 1/2+ of Fab Feb now. Pretty soon, there isn't going to be any winter left to punt. I remember when we first realized we had to punt December, but that was "expected", yadadada. Then when January flopped in epic fashion, Fab Feb was prime climo for El Nino years or something. Now half of that is gone and we're going to have to pull a cat out of the hat in the last week or two of February or the first week of March.

It's certainly looking like my forecast for no winter weather east of the mountains after early Nov is going to happen. No winter weather in sight right through all of this month now. Hopefully this March will be like 2012 since cold and dry is useless.

Lol did you make this prediction last week? Thanks for the laugh and all your "dry" humor.

I find it interesting that we're now punting the first 1/2+ of Fab Feb now. Pretty soon, there isn't going to be any winter left to punt. I remember when we first realized we had to punt December, but that was "expected", yadadada. Then when January flopped in epic fashion, Fab Feb was prime climo for El Nino years or something. Now half of that is gone and we're going to have to pull a cat out of the hat in the last week or two of February or the first week of March.

Yeah, where are all of the "this was expected" folks now? Quite frankly, almost all of this winter has turned out unexpectedly for almost everyone.

I'd like to call today a nice mid-winter thaw, except that we've been shutout*, so there's nothing to thaw away. Instead, it's just torching as spring marches ever closer.

Beautiful day today.  Went outside to cut back some unwanted plant growth, and picked up the twig lying in the yard from the winter storms. My earliest daffodils are just about ready to open.  Mower into the shop later this week. Just going with the flow.

Beautiful day today. Went outside to cut back some unwanted plant growth, and picked up the twig lying in the yard from the winter storms. My earliest daffodils are just about ready to open. Mower into the shop later this week. Just going with the flow.

Everything is already starting to grow back here lol. Not like February 2012 though.

Lol did you make this prediction last week? Thanks for the laugh and all your "dry" humor.

I mentioned on here before Christmas that I thought we would be shutout this winter and I see nothing to make me say different. We can't get a threat within 5 days this winter. It's only 5 or more days out, then any threat vanishes. 2011-2012 did have a token snow for parts of NC, but even that will NOT happen this year outside of the mountains.  I'm just hoping for an early spring now.

Yeah, where are all of the "this was expected" folks now? Quite frankly, almost all of this winter has turned out unexpectedly for almost everyone.

So....who wants to create the 2016 winter thread. On the plus side the analogs for this winter were great so we have that to hold onto. For next winter the analogs won't be as good, so we we should expect much less snow than this winter. We received about a 100 flakes in Dec, so next year I a calling for 50.

I mentioned on here before Christmas that I thought we would be shutout this winter and I see nothing to make me say different. We can't get a threat within 5 days this winter. It's only 5 or more days out, then any threat vanishes. 2011-2012 did have a token snow for parts of NC, but even that will NOT happen this year outside of the mountains. I'm just hoping for an early spring now.

I remember when you said the same last winter. Then my area got 15.2" of snow and almost all of us got multiple major winter storms. Oops! ;)

I mentioned on here before Christmas that I thought we would be shutout this winter and I see nothing to make me say different. We can't get a threat within 5 days this winter. It's only 5 or more days out, then any threat vanishes. 2011-2012 did have a token snow for parts of NC, but even that will NOT happen this year outside of the mountains. I'm just hoping for an early spring now.

You should hope for an early and dry spring!

So....who wants to create the 2016 winter thread. On the plus side the analogs for this winter were great so we have that to hold onto. For next winter the analogs won't be as good, so we we should expect much less snow than this winter. We received about a 100 flakes in Dec, so next year I a calling for 50.

Are we too late for the 39/40 analog? Did I miss that window chasing fantasy storms?

Archived