• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

So....who wants to create the 2016 winter thread. On the plus side the analogs for this winter were great so we have that to hold onto. For next winter the analogs won't be as good, so we we should expect much less snow than this winter. We received about a 100 flakes in Dec, so next year I a calling for 50.

lol I don't want to see another analog ever.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks cold in my area. Looks like some single digit lows and 30s for highs.

At hr 204 looks like a major winter storm is looming. But we'll see how it proceeds and this is day 8/9 so take with a grain od salt.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=204ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_204_1000_500_thick.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=1000_500_thick&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150208+18+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

Looks like it's gonna be rain for us. But predicting model predictions is a dangerous and oft inaccurate game.

Looks like it's gonna be rain for us. But predicting model predictions is a dangerous and oft inaccurate game.

Verbatim it looks like a wintery mix to rain. But I would question how far north the low gets with the highs setup to the north. **these details are really useless at this range. We may need some luck but we do still have a chance.  

I don't see what everyone is complaining about. We may just end up with more of the same junk we've had all winter but I will take my chances with a slightly warmer look. The extreme cold modeled the last few days would have just been pipe bursting dry air. I thought we wanted the pattern to relax some so we can get some moisture involved.

Cant miss TV tonight on Hallmark at 8:00PM Eastern!!!

Cloudy With a Chance of Love

Quirky meteorologist Deb spends most of her time finishing the passionate pursuit of her Ph.D. in meteorology. The wind of change starts blowing, however, when a handsome news director recruits her to fill in as an on-air weather personality. While the new job comes with a glamorous makeover that catches the eyes of both viewers and her handsome colleague, it also takes her away from her studies at a critical time. When her TV job, academic commitments and new romance swell into a perfect storm, Deb must decide if her future will be spent studying the sky, or broadcasting over the air.

Oh...... the drama!!! :D :D :D

Well, off to Phoenix tomorrow till Thursday. Looks like I'll be back in time for the cold shot. Shutout* also looks to continue while I'm gone. Somebody hit up the Pattern thread for me while I'm out and keep the telecons straight!

Oh, I'd love some of those Phoenix temps this week...Low to mid 80's all week!  Have a good trip!

Man, watching the Grammys on dvr, AC/DC rocked the opening of the Grammys with two songs: some new crap and the awesome classic

Highway to Hell! In this day and age, that's amazing, because 3/4 of the people watching , don't even know who they are, lol! One of my favorite bands of all time! Great job guys, just in case Angus is reading this!! :)

Man, watching the Grammys on dvr, AC/DC rocked the opening of the Grammys with two songs: some new crap and the awesome classic

Highway to Hell! In this day and age, that's amazing, because 3/4 of the people watching , don't even know who they are, lol! One of my favorite bands of all time! Great job guys, just in case Angus is reading this!! :)

Highway to Hell, sounds like this winter so far....

Well, off to Phoenix tomorrow till Thursday. Looks like I'll be back in time for the cold shot. Shutout* also looks to continue while I'm gone. Somebody hit up the Pattern thread for me while I'm out and keep the telecons straight!

I'm gonna be on top of that!! I'm not computer savvy! What you need to do is, put a picture of a dumpster fire, on every indices , just copy and paste for 4 days and you will be good

Cant miss TV tonight on Hallmark at 8:00PM Eastern!!!

Cloudy With a Chance of Love

Quirky meteorologist Deb spends most of her time finishing the passionate pursuit of her Ph.D. in meteorology. The wind of change starts blowing, however, when a handsome news director recruits her to fill in as an on-air weather personality. While the new job comes with a glamorous makeover that catches the eyes of both viewers and her handsome colleague, it also takes her away from her studies at a critical time. When her TV job, academic commitments and new romance swell into a perfect storm, Deb must decide if her future will be spent studying the sky, or broadcasting over the air.

Oh...... the drama!!! :D :D :D

My wife is watching this as i speak..... :axe:

Archived