joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we can say we failed about every way possible. Clipper fail. Miller A fail. Miller B fail. Doubt we will get the chance to fail by suppression. Southern slider looks out of the question. But who knows, maybe that will be our final gut blow in March.

You know, I wouldn't mind a Richmond special... they've been extremely unlucky and have been on the outside looking in countless times over the years.

At least we can say we failed about every way possible. Clipper fail. Miller A fail. Miller B fail. Doubt we will get the chance to fail by suppression. Southern slider looks out of the question. But who knows, maybe that will be our final gut blow in March.

I would just like to have a chance at anything sliding south.

Mid Atlantic is a weird place in winter. In summer we know what we are, basically an extension of the south with subtropical weather. Last winter it felt like we were in the northeast. This winter it feels like we are in the southeast. My mindset when looking at models now is like I live in a snow hole like Richmond, and no matter what it will find a way not to snow. Oh well, beer.

Thats because in summer our average high is enough to feel like summer. In winter our average high is too high for frozen.

This is the most significant, ringing endorsement of the upgrade I've heard so far.  While it saddens our weeping weenie hearts, a model that better and more realistically presents the rarity of "snow bombs" is a good thing.

Wasn't there some story or movie that talked about knowing the future is the worst curse of all?

The weenies around here (like myself) probably would prefer a model that throws out a HECS every few runs. I know I've got a bounce in my step the day when I wake up to 8 pages of EURO emojis like  :o  :weenie: and nothing starts the day off worse than reading "next".

I like looking at radar, it helps me figure out the best time to look outside and go outside when it's really coming down. Very helpful especially on Feb 13 last year.

yea i'm a radar watcher.  good for timing.  thanks to the internet i don't have to wait for local on the 8s like i did back in the 90s lol.

One of the first striking weather memories I have as a kid.. I was maybe 7?.. One of those winter storms where it mostly rained except for the hills around me (southern Cal desert).. but snow level dropped at the end and we picked up a quick 1" or so.. I was so enamored watching the TWC radar and worried about when it would end it melted while doing so.

I actually find myself disconnecting more and more these days once a storm is here.. Of course you're never fully disconnected with a phone and I look at radar constantly but you'll notice I don't post much in threads here during game time.. it is fun to get out in it and walk around and take it in at least when it's good.

One of the first striking weather memories I have as a kid.. I was maybe 7?.. One of those winter storms where it mostly rained except for the hills around me (southern Cal desert).. but snow level dropped at the end and we picked up a quick 1" or so.. I was so enamored watching the TWC radar and worried about when it would end it melted while doing so.

I actually find myself disconnecting more and more these days once a storm is here.. Of course you're never fully disconnected with a phone and I look at radar constantly but you'll notice I don't post much in threads here during game time.. it is fun to get out in it and walk around and take it in at least when it's good.

yea sometimes there's too much info at our disposal.  quality over quantity.

Well, I just love having a $360.00 electric bill, running a wood stove 24/7 and have had 1"snow + a glazing of ice this winter. I have done well with very windy and cold this winter. Oh, and throw in some 33 or warm rains. Gotta love it. Not!!!!

BTW, at 23/1 tonight and by Sunday near 65. That is just wrong in February.

Archived