Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with ya' 100%. I guess we've been doing it too long. It's enjoyable to follow storms because eventually one hits....except in certain winters. And this is one of those winters. Like I said in another thread, this year is reminding me very much of 76/77 in that it was cold and relatively snowless. The models are doing the same dance with every system 4+ days out and eventually settle on the reality that everything goes to our north. It won't change no matter how many eloquent reasons people may give. So, what's not to get pissed off about at this point?

Careful now, you'll be called a baby-whiner because you are pointing out the obvious.  

Saying ma nature aint fair and I want snow or I'll cry! is whining.

Pointing out that given the season pattern, models will screw us every time isn't.   But ya know, just keep it out of the fantasy world they're living in...that's all.   Like you, I've been doing this long enough to know how it works.   

I'm with ya' 100%. I guess we've been doing it too long. It's enjoyable to follow storms because eventually one hits....except in certain winters. And this is one of those winters. Like I said in another thread, this year is reminding me very much of 76/77 in that it was cold and relatively snowless. The models are doing the same dance with every system 4+ days out and eventually settle on the reality that everything goes to our north. It won't change no matter how many eloquent reasons people may give. So, what's not to get pissed off about at this point?

We have had a few of these slide under us, and in at least one case over-performed. Frustration is mounting because this is the period where the pattern was supposed to be "better" with probably our best odds at getting a decent event. And now we have...this.

We have had a few of these slide under us, and in at least one case over-performed. Frustration is mounting because this is the period where the pattern was supposed to be "better" with probably our best odds at getting a decent event. And now we have...this.

It's always gonna get better....in just 10 more days, watch!     This time, I really mean it.  It's the best I've seen yet!  We have blocking this time.....-NAO is right there.   This storm that's going to screw us will really set up the next storm.  Just watch.

It's always gonna get better....in just 10 more days, watch! This time, I really mean it. It's the best I've seen yet! We have blocking this time.....-NAO is right there. This storm that's going to screw us will really set up the next storm. Just watch.

384H pattern looks great

It's always gonna get better....in just 10 more days, watch!     This time, I really mean it.  It's the best I've seen yet!  We have blocking this time.....-NAO is right there.   This storm that's going to screw us will really set up the next storm.  Just watch.

Your best HiZ imitation ;)

the pattern has clearly changed now

no more clippers diving south after initially modeled to pass to our north

now, it's back to the same routine we are used to in the MA during unproductive snow chances.....modeled to hit us 4 day+, then moves north as we get closer and it doesn't come back south

now, it's back to the same routine we are used to in the MA during unproductive snow chances.....modeled to hit us 4 day+, then moves north as we get closer and it doesn't come back south

+1

Clippers are always chancy here. They mostly want to go north. We get lucky sometimes. Those rooting for a clipper fest, well yeah. Problem is, we have completely sucked at Miller A and Miller Bs as well. Even when we get a nice juicy low coming up from the south with a decent track, low pressure over the lakes effin it up. And why does that happen? The crappy Atlantic. If we had a legit west-based block, then REAL High pressure would be to our N/NW, and then a 50-50 low would have some actual impact, instead of accelerating out of that position like a speeding Ferrari through a one horse town. So damn tired of seeing.. LOOK AT THAT 50-50 LOW! Useless in this pattern.

The Euro will save us!

Look at the storm on the 186 hour GGEM!  The pattern is perfect....the storm this Sunday that screws us, cuts off, undergoes Oprah-trosis, because the 50/50 low, while the Greenland block does the loop-de-loop, causing the downstream trough to look the best I've seen it all winter!   That storm is the ONE.   No way it can trend north because now we have something we haven't seen all winter modeled 10 days out.    Someone should make a thread.  

Look at the storm on the 186 hour GGEM!  The pattern is perfect....the storm this Sunday that screws us, cuts off, undergoes Oprah-trosis, because the 50/50 low, while the Greenland block does the loop-de-loop, causing the downstream trough to look the best I've seen it all winter!   That storm is the ONE.   No way it can trend north because now we have something we haven't seen all winter modeled 10 days out.    Someone should make a thread.  

As long as they don't put "thingy" in the title.

LOL! If this is a new coinage it is most definitely a keeper.

if i see Siberian snow cover maps next Sept i'm going to lose my sh**........ then possibly eat a ham sandwich

The one good thing to come out of this winter is its probably the last nail in the coffin for this October Siberian snow nonsense, which I've railed against for years on here and on Accuweather lol

Still on fire this year

#2158 leesburg 04 Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

6,536 posts

Joined November 12, 2010

0 warning points

And here is my next bold prediction....based on performance this year ignore at your own peril....this coming arctic cold shot won't materialize....lowest highs will be in the mid 30s. Will bump in two weeks

Winter 2014-15 all measurements are official spotter reports

Total 10.7"

November 24th - first WSW issued

November 26th - 2"

January 6th - 3.2"

January 21st - 2.5"

January 26-27 - 3" give or take 3" source Ji's untrained eyeball...no official spotter reports

Still on fire this year

#2158 leesburg 04 Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

6,536 posts

Joined November 12, 2010

0 warning points

And here is my next bold prediction....based on performance this year ignore at your own peril....this coming arctic cold shot won't materialize....lowest highs will be in the mid 30s. Will bump in two weeks

Winter 2014-15 all measurements are official spotter reports

Total 10.7"

November 24th - first WSW issued

November 26th - 2"

January 6th - 3.2"

January 21st - 2.5"

January 26-27 - 3" give or take 3" source Ji's untrained eyeball...no official spotter reports

Early thoughts on 2015-2016?

Archived