• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter Thread

H2O

I'm not above whining, but there are certain threads to do it and it shouldn't be hard to at least keep the storm disco threads on topic.

And I stand by what I said about the new threat thread, it was way too early to have its own thread and I'm glad stormtracker locked it.

well, now your long range thread is being filled with whining that could've been contained by that thread.....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, now your long range thread is being filled with whining that could've been contained by that thread.....

Except all discussion of that storm would've also been in that thread.

I don't know why it's too much to ask for complaints/whining/meltdowns to be kept in the Panic thread.

I am as down on snow chances as anyone, but this thing is 5 days away and looks like a really unusual and potentially fun system to track. Not sure why people so pissed it isn't showing feet of snow from run to run. That's not gonna happen.

Because we've been burned by the models with 33 degree rainstorms like 4 times now?

this is the problem of not getting an area wide storm in Dec or Jan. in people's mind we are on the clock. as Feb days get wasted with no snow people's anxiety heighten. people put extra value in each model run that may or may not be correct. the clock is ticking....tic......toc.....tic......toc............

Only thing to say to this ^^^^^

Holy crap. Only 2 funny posts buried within 4 pages of doom & gloom. What the hell? Have we forgotten how to whistle past the graveyard?

Randy, fuel up the damn bus.

Bob, bring the booze.

RR put an order in with the caterer.

Mrs. J, you're on dessert duty.

Photo guy, Snow, Dahs bring your camera.

H2O, Leesburg & Kay, bring the games.

Everyone, bring your kids, to hug & laugh with/at.

Holy crap. Only 2 funny posts buried within 4 pages of doom & gloom. What the hell? Have we forgotten how to whistle past the graveyard?

Bob, bring the booze.

+100, you are one smart lady.

Bob, bring the booze.

AMEN!!  :D

Bob, bring the booze.

Fun is discouraged here.

I've already had one post deleted today..........gotta keep that threat discussion laboratory sterile.

Fun is discouraged here.

I've already had one post deleted today..........gotta keep that threat discussion laboratory sterile.

It's not an issue of keeping the longer range thread "sterile".  It's a matter of keeping the "oh-noz!" comments to a minimum in what's supposed to be a model and pattern discussion, without it getting totally derailed.

It's not an issue of keeping the longer range thread "sterile".  It's a matter of keeping the "oh-noz!" comments to a minimum in what's supposed to be a model and pattern discussion, without it getting totally derailed.

Model and pattern discussion..............L the ef O L.

How do you discuss models outside of 3 days?  They are night and day from one run to the next.  Patterns?  Hey, that's modeled too.

People might as well lighten up about their model discussions.  It might be fun to hypothesize, but we are discussing a fiction novel.  Everybody is just trying to make up their own ending.

Now I will go along with the bitching.  That brings everyone down.  But a little humor?  C'mon on guys.

It's still something to look at even if it's cold rain. This is what the forum is for - to discuss weather. If we still have a shot at 72 then someone should start a thread. (and 12 hours later we may have crap, but that us besides the point). How can anyone dare to call out a seasoned pro for some sound analysis? If you don't want to read it, then don't. And if some stuff that seems like banter gets into the discussion thread, who cares? They are the ones making substantive contributions.

Maybe I just need a snickers.

I'm with ya' 100%. I guess we've been doing it too long. It's enjoyable to follow storms because eventually one hits....except in certain winters. And this is one of those winters. Like I said in another thread, this year is reminding me very much of 76/77 in that it was cold and relatively snowless. The models are doing the same dance with every system 4+ days out and eventually settle on the reality that everything goes to our north. It won't change no matter how many eloquent reasons people may give. So, what's not to get pissed off about at this point?

Archived