Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thugs ruining the end of a great game.

This comment just shows how racist people are... Fighting in a predominantly black sport is labeled "thug" while fighting in hockey is considered a tradition. You don't understand what is going on on inside the minds and bodies of those players...fighting is a really just a natural progression.

This comment just shows how racist people are... Fighting in a predominantly black sport is labeled "thug" while fighting in hockey is considered a tradition. You don't understand what is going on on inside the minds and bodies of those players...fighting is a really just a natural progression.

racist? alrighty then.......

And fighting is a natural progression of what?  Your coach choking the game away?  

I've watched hockey all my life (along with a whole lot of other sports).  Guess what?  I've seen a lot of thuggery in hockey that cannot be excused as "fighting."  Believe it or not, there's a difference.  And what happened at the end of the Super Bowl was inexcusable.  Period.

And BTW, I wouldn't call football a "predominantly black sport."  Show me stats to prove I'm wrong.  If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. 

Racist? that word is freely thrown around now when it really shouldn't be.

One of the ways I fight off seasonal affective disorder issues is chasing snowstorms and keeping hope alive. This morning it is 34, pouring rain, with a dense fog hanging over the city. This may be one crap storm too many for me to fight off the SAD demons this winter.

What a wretched, wretched winter.

And every time we have a chance at any snow, it either fizzles out entirely or trends north and becomes a New England storm. Oh well, the rich keep getting richer.

This winter can't end soon enough.  I haven't welcomed spring since I was a kid and looking forward to the opportunities to get outside to play basket ball.  But this winter is just run its course.  It's terrible, worthless, and should be laid to rest.  I wish for no more snow so that history will recognize this winter for what it was, DISAPPOINTMENT at every single turn.

I have no other rooting interest at this point other than to dodge a summer of brutal heat, which -sad to say - is very unlikely for a 2nd summer in a row.  I'm sure we will miraculously find our -NAO just in time for summer so we can bake in a stable oven-like pattern.  Oh well, at least by then maybe Boston's snow pack will be melting.  

My snow cover this winter has mostly been patchy and scattered... meh.

What makes this one so upsetting is how much potential we had, and how much wasted cold we ended up with, not to mention the blizzards up north.... at least in 2011-12 we knew we didn't stand a chance.

I could give a crap about snowcover. At this point, this winter is no better than the two before last - still no area-wide WSW/Warnings. We are to this point without a legit storm. It's a crap winter so far. Especially considering the optimism that was being sowed ahead of the start of the season in November.

BINGO. Plus there has been hardly any snowcover here to speak of. I'll be heading for my records later to see if I'm in record territory for least snow in a winter, I'd think I have too be close.

Agreed. 2 weeks of snow cover in January is solid.

Jan was pretty normal I guess overall. Hard to complain about it too much in isolation. I had at least some Snowcover for most of it.. Tho full cover about 2 weeks sounds right. If Dec wasn't a shutout everyone might feel a little better. Well the big expectations for winter probably didn't help.

Archived